It’s Your Life
What about a vision? Be a visionary for a change.
We’re the generation, who’s gonna be the one to fight for it? We’re the inspiration, do you believe enough to die for it? – Justin Bieber, Children
This is my life, I’m 20 years old. Let me do me. Let me achieve the things that make me happy. The things that I enjoy. The things I’m good at. Let me believe in the things that I truly believe in. You don’t have a say nor have the control in any of this. It’s my life, not yours.
So please, let me do me as the person I’m meant to be.
My life is a movie and everyone’s watching. So let’s get to the good part and past all the nonsense. Sometimes it’s hard to do the right thing. When the pressure’s coming down like lightning. It’s like they want me to be perfect.
- When they don’t even know that I’m hurting. This life’s not easy, I’m not made out of steel. Don’t forget that I’m human, don’t forget that I’m real
- Act like you know me, but you never will. But there’s one thing that I know for sure. I’ll show you.
So let me show you what I’m all about, who I am, what I’m truly capable of when I set my mind to what matters to me and what I wanna be known for.
As a human, we all want to be heard. But not even our own family may easily accept and support the person that we truly want to become. They want us to find ourselves, our purpose, passions, beliefs, and be a responsible citizens of society.
Yet they don’t realise that part of being a parent, is accepting their kids as the person they are happy and confident with being. And to accept them without trying to shape them into someone else completely different. Your supposed to love them as the person they choose to become. Not love them as the person you shaped them to be. That’s not real, unconditional love.
I got to learn things, learn them the hard way. Gotta see what it feels like, no matter what they say.
- This is the moment. It’s on the line. Which way you gonna fall? In the middle between. Wrong and right. But you know after all.
It’s your life – what you gonna do? The world is watching you. Every day the choices you make. Say what you are and who your heart beats for. It’s an open door. It’s your life.
- Are you who you always said you would be. With a sinking feeling in your chest. Always waiting on someone else to fix you? Tell me, when did you forget?
- To live the way that you believe. This is your opportunity. To let your life be one that lights the way.
The past is in the past, it’s behind you for a reason: to learn from your mistakes, accept that it’s in the past, let go and move on while keeping those life lessons to use for future reference. Regardless of how many times someone makes the same mistake, rereading the same chapter or event over and over is not gonna give you or them the change that you both want.
If you want change, you’re gonna have to accept what’s in the past, let go of them and have an open mind to what can happen. Stop assuming that they will continue making the same mistakes over and over in the future.
You have to accept what’s already happened, teach them what they can learn from the mistakes, then (parents) choose to let them go (meaning: stop bringing past events and mistakes back into the big picture of things); they are in the past. You need to accept that, if you want better change for yourself and others. It’s their life, their past, present and future, you don’t have the right to controlling it the way you want to.
Only they have the choice and control for their life. Trust them that they will use all that you’ve taught them over their previous years parenting them and let them be a responsible citizen of society on their own. They are old enough to be responsible for their own actions, mistakes, and overall life and existence. That also includes taking care of their physical, emotional and mental health too.
- My mama don’t like you and she likes everyone. And I never like to admit that I was wrong. And I’ve been so caught up in my job, didn’t see what’s going on. And now I know, I’m better sleeping on my own.
- ‘Cause if you like the way you look that much. Oh baby you should go and love yourself. And if you think that I’m still holdin’ on to somethin’. You should go and love yourself.
When you told me that you hated my friends. The only problem was with you and not them. And every time you told me my opinion was wrong. And tried to make me forget where I came from.
- And I didn’t wanna write a song. ‘Cause I didn’t want anyone thinking I still care. I don’t but, you still hit my phone up. And baby I’ve been movin’ on. And I think you should be somethin’ I don’t wanna hold back. Maybe you should know that.
- For all the times that you made me feel small. I fell in love, now I feel nothing at all. I never felt so low when I was vulnerable. Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?
Who’s Got The Heart? Wear it on your sleeve!
Look at all the children we can change. What about a vision? Be a visionary for a change. We’re the generation, who’s gonna be the one to fight for it? We’re the inspiration, do you believe enough to die for it?
A huge part of my life purpose and life passion is a lot of these lyrics to this song that I can truly share with the world is what I wanna live for being my purpose. This is what I wanna do with my life. This is what makes me happy. This is what I’m passionate for. This is what I believe in.
Trust me, this is what’s best for me and I won’t promise that I won’t make mistakes from time to time. No one is perfect, part of being human is making mistakes and learning from them. What’s not part of being human is dwelling on the past and rereading the same chapter over and over.
Who’s got the heart? Who’s got it? Whose heart is the biggest? Wear it on your sleeve. That we can make a difference.
We all want to discover our true purpose in our life and other important things like our own beliefs, values, priorities, passions, and more. And what we need is supportive, understanding, respectful, accepting family, friends and other acquaintances to let us discover that for ourselves on our own terms. We are at the stage of a butterfly’s life where we finally leave the nest and be set free to live our own lives.
- I don’t know if this is wrong because someone else is telling me that it’s wrong but I feel this so let me just like, try my best not to let this happen again. We weren’t necessarily put in the best position to make the best decisions.
- You can’t be hard on yourself for these were the cards that you were given so you have to understand that these, like… that’s not who you are. You know you’re trying to be the best you can be but that’s all you can do. If you don’t give it all you got, you’re only cheating yourself. Give it all you got, but if it ends up happening, it ends up happening.
- That’s what – that’s what’s happening with me. It’s like God I’m giving it all I got, sometimes I’m weak and I’m gonna do it, and it’s like I’m not giving myself grace, I’m just like understanding, that’s just how it is.
Good Enough, All In It
How others like our family members treat us in all areas affect how we view our self worth. When you treat your family in ways that harm their mental health, in another part, it takes away their self worth. It makes them feel worthless and makes it harder for them to love themselves. As full grown parents, you want your kids to love themselves on top of all the other things you want them to accomplish and become as citizens of society.
Yet parents appear to be blind to all the harm they are doing to their kids in the ways they treat their kids. They may want their kids to love themselves, be confident and comfortable in their own skin, know what they want to do (life purpose, passions, hobbies and career), but they don’t act on that.
They don’t set the example either. They constantly beat their kids up mentally (verbally) for making mistakes and not letting those past events go, along with all the other mistakes and bad habits they’ve practiced as part of their daily or regular ritual/routine or habit.
- See, growing up, I. I always felt like I had to be the best at everything. Cause I, I just didn’t think I was good enough.
- And, and maybe if I was good at something that I’d get recognition from that but I quickly found out that I wasn’t gonna get the recognition that I wanted or that I needed because. Because people aren’t perfect and by not being perfect you sometimes can disappoint people.
- And with God it’s like he’s perfect. And he never disappoints. So I just get my recognition from him. And give him recognition.
Living in reality, it teaches us not just from our mistakes for example but also helps us grow too. It helps us use our lessons from our mistakes and past events to be a better human being. As the example shared below:
Señora Feinstein-Chang: I want to tell you that there will be no extra credit assignments.
Riley: So the D is actually on my permanent record and there’s nothing I can do about it?
Señora Feinstein-Chang: The D is one grade on a weekly test. And that test tells me what you know this week. You know what test is more important? The test next week. It’s always the most important test because that’s the one that helps me determine your final grade. Because that tells me which direction you want to go. You want to find out which direction you want to go? Check your permanent record, you’ve always had one of them.
Girl Meets Permenant Record
Cory and Topanga have always known Riley to be a good student, but after talking to her Spanish teacher, Señora Feinstein-Chang, they realize Riley is presented with a new challenge and needs to work on becoming better. Señora Feinstein-Chang assures Riley the D is only one grade and what she does on her next test matters more toward gauging her progress, as does all of her past work, her true “permanent record”.
After she studies extensively, and demonstrates to Señora Feinstein-Chang in class that she can speak Spanish better, Riley earns an A− on the next Spanish test.
- Ended up on a crossroad. Try to figure out which way to go. It’s like you’re stuck on a treadmill. Running in the same place. You got your hazard lights on now. Hoping that somebody would slow down. Praying for a miracle. Who’ll show you grace?
- Had a couple dollars and a quarter tank of gas. With a long journey ahead. Seen a truck pull over. God sent an angel to help you out. He gave you direction. Showed you how to read a map. With a long journey ahead. Said it ain’t over. Oh, even in the midst of doubt.
- Life is worth living. Life is worth living, so live another day. The meaning of forgiveness. People make mistakes, doesn’t mean you have to give in. Life is worth living again.
- Relationship on a ski slope. Avalanche comin’ down slow. Do we have enough time to salvage this love? Feels like a blizzard in April. ‘Cause my heart is just that cold. Skating on thin ice. But it’s strong enough to hold us up. Seen her scream and holler.
- Put us both on blast. Tearing each other down. When I thought it was over. God sent us an angel to help us out. He gave us direction, showed us how to make it last. For that long journey ahead. Said it ain’t ever over. Oh, even in the midst of doubt.
What I’d give for my affection. Is a different perception. From what the world may see. They try to crucify me. I ain’t perfect, won’t deny. My reputation’s on the line. So I’m working on a better me.
- Life is worth living. Life is worth living, so live another day. The meaning of forgiveness. People make mistakes. Only God can judge me. Life is worth living again. Another day. Life is worth living again.
The bigger challenge you choose to take on, the bigger the opportunity and the bigger the results you’ve gain in return.
“I am here to show people with determination and perspiration, you can become an inspiration.” – Caroline Channing