#25 Trent McConaghy, Ocean Protocol: Cryptoeconomic Primitives + Mapping Humanity’s Plan To Self-Actualization
In this episode of Creating a Humanist Blockchain Future (Patreon, Soundcloud, Youtube, iTunes) I interview Trent McConaghy, the CTO and co-founder of Ocean Protocol, a decentralized data substrate (and protocol!) for data marketplaces. We chat cryptoeconomic primitives like Curation Markets and Token-Curated Registries and Trent’s proposed system to map our future. Enjoy, and as always, let me know if you have any feedback! Links below:
- Curation Markets and Token-Curated Registries
- Tokenize the Enterprise (and related work). Kik/Kin, YouNow/Props, Numerai/Numeraire
- “The Map”. And my related work: Co-evolving the Phase Shift to Crypto Capitalism by Founding The Ethereum Commons Co-op
- Tokens as: Medium of Exchange, Governance, and Staking
If you enjoyed this podcast, you’d also like:
- #18 Mike Goldin, AdChain: Token-Curated Registries, An Emerging Cryptoeconomic Primitive
- #6: Simon de la Rouviere on Curation Markets
To get involved: If you’re interested in actively being part of these conversations on cryptoeconomic primitives, I’m hosting two interactive cross-project calls with the #ETHCommonsCoop:
- 8am Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday 12/18. Watch the interactive livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxt-SdfXEKw
- 11am Mountain Standard Time on Wednesday 12/19. Watch the interactive livestream here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65CNLqG2INQ
- Or join the Cryptoeconomic Primitives Gitter
My other current projects!
- If you like these podcasts, come to the ETHDenver Hackathon, Feb 16–18!
- If you’re interested in working with my in the Ethereum ecosystem, see: Co-evolving the Phase Shift to Crypto Capitalism by Founding The Ethereum Commons Co-op
Thanks to Mike Goldin, John Desmond, Colin Wielga, Harry Lindmark, Joe Urgo, John Lindmark, Jacob Zax, Katie Powell, Jonathan Isaac, Brady McKenna, Jeff Snyder, Ryan X Charles, Chris Edmonds, Brayton Williams, Ned Mills, Kenji Williams, Scott Levi, Peter Rodgers, Keith Klundt, Andrew O’Neill, and Kenzie Jacobs for supporting me on Patreon!
Thanks to Shapeshift for sponsoring the show! Please use them/check them out!
About Me: My name is Rhys Lindmark and I’m a social entrepreneur. I’m Creating a Humanist Blockchain Future by: a) Empowering the Colorado Blockchain community (check out our ETHDenver hackathon!), b) Developing the Ethereum Commons Co-op and c) Hosting a systems podcast with experts. I’m an alumnus of Techstars Boulder 2015 (Edify). Please reach out if you’d like to connect or have feedback! I’m curious about what you’re working on. You can support me on Patreon, follow me on Twitter, or connect on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: I own less than $1000 of any given cryptocurrency, so my monetary incentive is not too aligned with Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. :)