Why Business Owners Should Hire a Trademark Lawyer
A key component of any successful business is the ability to stand out from the competition. A registered trademark is one of the best ways to protect the uniqueness and reputation of your business brand, and hiring a Jurado & Farshchian Trademark Lawyer is the best investment you can make to that end. Here is what you need to know and how we can help.
What is a Trademark and Why is it Important?
A trademark is any word, phrase, symbol or design that identifies and distinguishes a company — and by extension its goods, services, and reputation — from competitors. It must be unique in its design or content to be registered with the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office, which confers exclusive rights over the trademark and helps the public easily recognize your enterprise. A trademark is thus a convenient and crucial way to create an enduring identity and reputation boost for your nascent business.
Why Register a Trademark with the Help of a Trademark Lawyer?
Many entrepreneurs are understandably cautious about how and where they spend their business funds. However, registering a trademark is one of the most important and beneficial investments you can make for your company. Among the many reasons are the following:
- Business Growth — If you aspire to take your business to new markets, you will want to do everything possible to stand out from existing and more established competitors. A trademark registered with the federal government will apply nationwide, giving your business brand continued recognition and trustworthiness anywhere in the U.S.
- Competitive Advantage — Businesses are built upon the goodwill and reputation that they garner from clients over time and through great effort. A trademark tells existing and potential clients alike that the goods or services they are buying are trusted and reliable. With a registered trademark, your competitors will not be able to imitate your trademark and freeride off your hard-earned success.
- Legal Protection — If someone does infringe on your trademark and you must enter into litigation, you will have an increased likelihood of receiving greater damages.
- Increased Business Value — If it ever comes time to sell your business, a registered trademark will likely increase the company’s valuation.
- Legitimacy — Aside from giving your business an easily identifiable brand, a registered trademark lends a degree of legitimacy and prestige to an enterprise, indicating its maturity.
Why Hire a Jurado & Farshchian Trademark Lawyer?
Although you may be tempted to register your trademark on your own, something this vital to your business is best done with the help of experienced and qualified professionals. Our trademark lawyers can assist you throughout the entire process, from conception of the idea to preparation of the registration paperwork and application. We are deeply familiar with the U.S. trademark regime and can improve your chances of getting the trademark approved quickly and efficiently.
Read more at Why Business Owners Should Hire a Trademark Lawyer