What’s already out there?
Delving into the current selection of available workshops will help me to:
- stand out- offering something that others are not
- finesse the structure of my workshops
- consider how others price (it’s important not to under value myself as not only does it encourage others to do so but it also serves as a bench mark to not drag the economy of this area down which would alienate a large section of the people that I may well wish to work with in the future)
School Workshops - Arts based Primary School Workshops for KS1 & KS2 in Music, Dance, Drumming, Art & Sciencewww.educationgroup.co.uk
Schools workshops have an Art section and a science section….. they have no photography workshops and as I am intending on providing a cross over between art and science I feel positive that I can offer things that they cannot. Their home page explains that the workshops are completely flexible for each school, which makes them a lot more desirable and is something that I will be doing.
School workshops, art workshops, school art workshops, creative workshops, primary school workshops, primary school art…www.timdavieseducation.com
A great workshop leader who is making me think that I could do some really great creative projects- the sky is the limit.
Art: School Workshops in: Devon, Find Primary School Art Workshops. Creative, fun, engaging lessons. African art, Craft…www.findschoolworkshops.co.uk
This is a website that the workshop leaders use to advertise their workshops…. They say-
Why Add Your Workshop with us?
•With school budgets being cut we all need to increase our exposure to compete for the work that’s out there. For only £55 you can have a year’s listing.
•For one listing it costs £60 to add 1 listing for a year, for £120/year you can add up to 2 individual listings and for £180 you can add up to 3 per year. Each individual listing can be added to up to 2 different categories. However, if you provide a link back you will save 8%*! This makes each listing only £55/year.
•We feel this is a fair price. The average workshop provider charges over £350 per day, so just two successful leads a year would be worth this fee and as you know once you’ve got a school on your books you often get repeat business from schools.
•On average in 2015 we had over 11,000 visitors a month, who viewed over 60,500 pages per month which created an average of 21.5 emailed leads per advert over the course of the year. From the feedback we’ve had on average 1 in 5 of these converted into a successful booking.
•We appear on the first page of google and other search engines for many typical search phrases and keywords. For example we rank second in google for School Workshops.
•But don’t just take our word for it:
“We exhibited at the Education Show in March but your website still seems to be the place where 80% of our enquiries come from, shows that large sums of money isn’t always the best advertising method.”
Nath — VEUcan.co.uk, 20th August 2015
“We get a lot of work via your website, and are very happy with the service”
A.Harley — Makersofhistory.co.uk, 4th January 2015
“I think maybe half of these inquiries led to workshops. I’m now getting repeat business from a good few of these schools. It’s been a good year. Many thanks to you and the team.”
C. Phillips — travellersthroughtime.co.uk, 3rd January 2015
“Advertising with you guys is definitely worth it.”
M.Maggio — Immersive-Theatres.com, 26th Novemeber 2014
“ You can’t ask for better service ;) I just wanted to thank you for the website — it’s really seriously increased my business. Best money I ever spent!”
D.Walton — Vikingschoolvisits.com, 17th Sept 2014
“We are very happy with the service you provide and the fact it works extremely well and look forward to continuing a good working relationship.”
Sue — Portalstothepast.co.uk, 9th April 2013
•This site is run and designed by two teachers, one Primary, one Secondary teacher. So we understand what your clients are after and understand how teachers time is short. We have designed this site to allow teachers to find exactly what they are after.
•This is why unlike any other site that we have seen FindSchoolWorkshops.co.uk has the ability for users to search by location, by themes, by Keystage (ages) etc.
• For this to work we provide you with the ability to add the detail that we know teachers require and for you to showcase your Company.
• We also have 3 years marketing experience so we have the skills to get the site well ranked in all the major search engines.
• We also allow you to upload articles so you can create informative articles about your area of work and as a reward for this advertise your company along with it.
How do I add my advert/workshop to the sitespan>
1. Register, by completing this form; Register here
2. Follow the instructions in the welcome e-mail
3. Click on Add your workshop. Select the package appropriate to you. Then fill out the form. All fields with an asterix (*) must be completed, the rest are optional. If you are unsure what should go in the fields then click on the ‘?’ next to the field for help/hints.
4. Submit your listing.
5. Make your payment via paypal and then wait for it to be approved by our admin team.
Paid — Bronze
Paid — Silver
Paid — Gold
Paid — Platinum
Number of individual listings allowed: 1 2 3 4 6
Number of different categories/subjects/event areas each listing can be added to: ** 2 2 2 2 2
Length that listing(s) will be active for: 365 days 365 days 365 days 365 days 365 days
Cost: £60 or £55 with a link back £120 or £110 with a link back £180 or £165 with a link back £240 or £220 with a link back £360 or £330 with a link back
*Maximum saving is £20
- * What this means is each listing can also be shown in other categories/subject areas if they are cross-curricular and belong in multiple areas. So for example a company may have workshops in ‘English’, ‘Maths’ & ‘Sport’ and the details for each would be better presented if each listing had details specific to that workshops/event.
……Defiantly worth doing. And interestingly the website suggests that a typical workshop can be charged at £350 a day which is higher than other people have suggested to me (I am aware that this may be London prices but I can travel for good money and to widen my potential client base).
What I have discovered from this is that there are great platforms out there for me to be able to advertise and come together with other people working in this sector. However I haven’t found anyone within these sites who are doing anything within the photographic arts which is very positive as I will be offering something unique.