Best Lilies for Summer Season
The summer season is on and slowly and steadily gaining pace in different parts of the country. With the change in season, it is time for all garden lovers to move forward and revamp their garden for the coming season.
Lilies are one of the most exotic and beautiful flowers in the world. Here is a list of lilies that one can grow this summer season.
- Day lilies — These are lilies available in different colors and can be easily grown in home gardens. The flowers bloom to give beautiful different colored flowers like mix colored, orange, yellow and many others.
2. Amaryllis Lily — These are beautiful flowers of different colours which look like lilies. That is the reason they are actually called lilies. Apart from this, growing them is rather easy and not much care has to be taken. They need to be given water regularly and not to be put in direct sunlight.
3. Cala Lily — Lilies are always special to have in your garden. Having lilies is always special and you can certainly show it off to your friends and family. The best part is you can grow these lilies without much difficulty. The flowers here are available in various colors like Yellow, Pink, Red and so much more.
4. Eucharis Lily — These are also called Amazon lilies and are native to Central and South America. Grown from a small flower bulb, these grow and bloom into large showy flowers of different colors.
5. Flame Lily — These lilies are also called Glory Lily or Gloriosa Lily. Certainly one of the most delicate and beautifully flowering plants, these are native to North Africa. Apart from this, these flowers are simple and easy to grow and bloom into beautiful flowers.
While planting these lilies, there are certain things that one needs to keep in mind so that you get those perfect blooms. One of the things that you need to keep in mind is how to plant the flower bulbs. The flower bulbs need to be planted in the right direction and with the optimum space so that they get enough space to grow and bloom. While choosing the flower bulbs as well, be sure that you select the perfect big sized flower bulbs ensuring that they are hard and big. The small and soggy ones can well be avoided. Apart from this, also make sure that these flower bulbs are fresh and not left overs of the last season.