Impacts Of Volunteering On Your Career
Volunteering is a great way to contribute to the society and those who are less fortunate; apart from this, it can benefit your career as well. It will help you demonstrate your skills and show that you take initiative to help the society.
Here is how volunteering can help you thrive.
Volunteering Helps In Networking
- Volunteering helps, you make friends from other professions. When you perform an activity together to help a noble cause, you strengthen your friendship thereby contributing to that cause.
- You meet people from diverse culture and educational background, you can learn from one another and it helps in expanding your contacts.
- When you are working with people who share common interests and goals, the work becomes fun filling and enriching.
- While some people are naturally outgoing, others are shy and have a difficult time meeting new people. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to practice and develop your social skills since you are meeting regularly with a group of people with common interests. Once you have momentum, it is easier to make more friends and improve contacts.
You Could Discover Your Passion
- Volunteering gives an opportunity to practice important skills used in the workplace, such as teamwork, communication, problem-solving, project planning, task management, and organizational skills.
- It offers you the chance to try out a new career without making a long-term commitment. E.g. If you want to make a career in Digital Marketing, then you can implement various strategies and improve your skills before entering the corporate world.
- Your volunteer work might also expose you to professional organizations or internships that could be of benefit to your career.
- It also gives an opportunity to introspect yourself, whether you are a team player or would you like to work independently. What kind of roles would you like to work on?
Volunteering Gives An Edge In Job Search
- If you are looking for your first job, looking for your next job or changing careers, volunteering is also a great way to avoid gaps in your resume.
- It shows a prospective employer that you are dedicated to your community and seek different opportunities even when you might not be working.
- Donating your time to volunteer is also a great way to gather information and find out a little bit more about what exactly you are looking for in regards to your career.
Volunteering Makes You More Confident
- You develop soft skills, increase knowledge and it will help you to present yourself as a more impressive and a good candidate.
- The experiences also give you a few different talking points to answer some of those common interview questions.
- Also, you can provide details on your various skills, and share how you applied them in a real-world setting while simultaneously benefitting your community — which makes you look even more amazing.
- It enhances self-confidence and self-esteem as you gain a sense of accomplishment when you are doing something good for others.
- It imbibes a sense of pride in you and you feel positive about yourself thus helping you in setting goals for future.
Thinking of becoming a volunteer! ? See a list of benefits that will help you make up your mind.
Saakshar Organisation acts as a platform to showcase your skills, to check your capabilities and most importantly to learn new things and to do social good. Give 2 hours a week, educate and transform a class. Join the community of passionate changemakers who share a common vision and are willing to bring a change in the conventional education model, especially amongst underprivileged children. Help us in building a better tomorrow! Change starts with you. Do your part and make a difference.
If you are interested in joining us, please go through Saakshar Changemakers Program or drop a mail at email@example.com and we would love to hear from you! If you think non-profits & education field will be interesting to your network please share it with them. ❤️Connect them to us, we’ll do our best to make it as fruitful as possible so they thank you for it.
Thanks for reading! ❤️If you enjoyed it, please support the work by hitting that heart button below. Would mean a lot to us because it helps other people see the story.