A list of Muslim Women’s Rights Groups actively defending women in the conflict zones concerned:
- Worldwide NGO WISE, which participates in Afghanistan, Egypt, and Pakistan, to name a few.
- AWAM in Malaysia and Singapore.
- The Desert Flower Foundation active across Africa.
- The Malala Fund in Pakistan, Nigeria, and Syria, among other countries.
A more comprehensive list of Muslim women’s rights organizations can be found here.
Books featuring interviews of such women advocates, politicians, and community organizers:
- Both Right and Left Handed by Syrian council member Bouthaina Shaaban.
- Sabeen Mahmud, advocate against violence in Balochistan (no book yet!).
- Le Cage D’orée by Iranian advocate and lawyer and recipient of the Nobel Prize Shirin Ebadi.
For your information, lots of women have founded charity foundations in zones of conflict. They do not indicate that they are feminist, for obvious reasons (ahem, sexual equality repression). Thus they are called Human Rights Councils. Check your facts and stop spreading ignorance.
P.S. Please ignore the bigoted person commenting below me.