eCommerce Today — July 26, 2017: Top things you should know about
Top eCommerce things you should know today — July 26, 2017.
- Blue Apron Co-Founder to Step Aside as Operating Chief. The food-delivery startup said Tuesday that Matthew Wadiak will step down as chief operating officer and serve as a senior adviser to the company. Mr. Wadiak has served as COO since May 2015 and previously served as chief product officer. [WSJ]
- Michael Kors to Buy Jimmy Choo in $1.2 Billion Deal. Michael Kors has ramped up its e-commerce business in recent months, and has long been considered a pioneer in the effective use of social media in the sector. It was the first fashion brand to sponsor an Instagram advertisement, and has 10.3 million followers on the image-sharing platform. While Jimmy Choo also promotes its offerings on social media (it has 6.8 million followers on Instagram), its efforts have been more recent. [NY Times]
- Amazon Business hits 1M customers. RBC Capital last year memorably called Business the potential Fourth Pillar of Amazon due to the $5T addressable market in business supplies. [SeekingAlpha]
- Congress discusses a bill that would stop states from expanding online sales tax collection. [Digital Commerce 360]
- Analyst predicts great Amazon sales results because of what he sees in Google search data. [CNBC]
Check out these stories
- Is your eCommerce business ready for the Holidays 2017? Here’s the playbook!
- Beat the earnings yet close the stores — 100 stores closing by Macy’s
- 25 books everyone should read in 2017 — Part 1
- 10 Transcendental Meditations on YouTube
One Last Thing…
Please tap the ♥ button if you found this article useful? You will deliver a special form of happiness to me. ♥ ♥ ♥
About the Author
Sabir Semerkant is a data-obsessed, Transformative and entrepreneurial Senior Marketing Executive in E-commerce and Digital Marketing offers progressive global experience at growth oriented companies in the consumer goods and e-commerce sector. He is currently the SVP of eCommerce at VaynerMedia working alongside Gary Vaynerchuk and team. He can be found via LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. His articles are posted on Medium.