eCommerce Today — July 18, 2017: Top things you should know about
Top eCommerce things you should know today — July 18, 2017.
- Amazon says sign-ups for Prime among Chinese shoppers increased 60% over last year’s Black Friday sale. Amazon China is №4 in China Internet Retailer Top 500. [Digital Commerce 360]
- Amazon registers trademark to get into meal-kits business. Blue Apron drops 10.46% as Amazon signals getting into the business. [WSJ]
- Netflix added an impressive 5.2 million international subscribers from an estimate of 2.6 million international subscribers. Netflix surged 10% on the news. [TheStreet]
- Amazon sold 3.5 million toys on Prime Day while 5 Billion Reasons Toys ‘R’ Us Struggles as Amazon Soars [WSJ]
- E-Commerce as a Jobs Engine? One Economist’s Unorthodox View [NYTimes]
- Target and Walmart are more popular than Amazon for back-to-school shopping [Digital Commerce 360]
- Amazon Prime Day Update: (1) Nearly $3 billion revenue day for Amazon (60% growth year-over-year)(2) Traffic converted at a whopping 18.6% (3) 53 million Americans shopped on Prime Day with an average order in the range of $21-$50 (4) 700 million emails were sent across 68 campaigns (5) Nearly half of the largest 100 retailers offered competing promotions
Check out these stories
- Is your eCommerce business ready for the Holidays 2017? Here’s the playbook!
- Beat the earnings yet close the stores — 100 stores closing by Macy’s
- 25 books everyone should read in 2017 — Part 1
- 10 Transcendental Meditations on YouTube
One Last Thing…
Please tap the ♥ button if you found this article useful? You will deliver a special form of happiness to me. ♥ ♥ ♥
About the Author
Sabir Semerkant is a data-obsessed, Transformative and entrepreneurial Senior Marketing Executive in E-commerce and Digital Marketing offers progressive global experience at growth oriented companies in the consumer goods and e-commerce sector. He is currently the SVP of eCommerce at VaynerMedia working alongside Gary Vaynerchuk and team. He can be found via LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. His articles are posted on Medium.