A Tradition Turkish delight recipe which can make 30 pieces of homemade sweet. Flavored with rosewater and lemon and can be covered with icing sugar, copra or cream of tartar. As the name says, the tasty candy belongs to Turkey and it is also called “Lokum” or “Rahat Lokum” in Arabic/Turkish culture. Let’s get started.
Serving: 30 pieces
Ingredients for Turkish Delight
9 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup juice
3 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon of tartaric acid
10 cups water
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 pinches of saffron
2 teaspoons rosewater
Neutral rapeseed or canola oil (for greasing)
1. Mix sugar, lemon juice and 3 1/2 cups water in a large stainless steel saucepan. Cook to 120 degrees.
2. Mix tartaric acid, 2 1/2 cup cornstarch and 6 1/2 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to form a thick paste.
3. Carefully pour in the syrup, stirring occasionally. Let simmer, stirring for about 1 1/2 hours until the batter is golden brown. Just make sure it does not get burned!
4. Grease a bread pan, about 10 x 30 centimeters, with a neutral canola oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Mix the rest of the cornstarch and vanilla sugar. Sprinkle half of plastic foil.
5. Take the hot mixture from the heat, mix in the rose water and saffron. Let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into the mold and let stand at room temperature for twelve hours. Set in the fridge last hours so that it becomes hard and is easy to cut.
7. Cut into squares and roll the pieces in the remainder of the corn starch and powdered sugar. Store in an airtight jar. If the batter feels loose, it is best to store the candy in the refrigerator.
8. Your easy Turkish delight sweet is ready to eat. Take it with Turkish coffee or with creamy hot chocolate.
Watch the YouTube video below for visual recipe.
Please give us your feedback and write your taste experience with Turkish delight. Write your comments in the comment section below.
Last updated on: