Children are benefited physically, mentally, socially and academically from a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and exercise. Children require at least 60 minutes of exercise in a day through activities that help in building bones like jumping rope to strengthen muscles, push-ups, and aerobic activities like running. On the other part, it is also a fact that the nutritional needs vary according to the age, gender, and activity level. That is why a healthy diet includes balanced meals of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and low-fat dairy products.
Educate Kids about Food
Whether your child is growing or grown, it is always important to teach them how to take care of their bodies.
· Take your child to food shopping with you and help them prepare a meal by themselves. Also, guide them what is required to eat and what not.
· Explain to your child how to get the balance of their diet by having a right eat-well plate. It will show them how much they should eat from each food group.
Importance of Healthy Lifestyle
Definition of a healthy lifestyle may differ from one person to the other. For some, health is defined by living a diseased-free life, while for others, staying healthy is to be able to play with grandchildren or perhaps adhering to a weekly exercise schedule. Nevertheless, living a healthy lifestyle is a fundamental component for everyone to achieve optimal mental and physical well-being. So, when it comes to children and their way of life, the healthy lifestyle means consuming healthy food, staying active according to the age, indulge in activities, a proactive approach and of course consistency of routine.
How to Lead a Healthy Lifestyle
There are five simple ways for your children to lead a healthy lifestyle and get on the right track:
Get Active Each Day
· Undergoing a regime of regular physical activity is essential for the healthy growth, development and well-being of children and young children as well.
· Children should have at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day that includes vigorous activities that make them ‘rough and tough’.
· Perform the activities that strengthen muscles and bones.
· Most importantly, parents should be the perfect role models, and they should have a positive attitude to being active.
Eat Fruit and Vegetables Regularly
· Having fruits and vegetables at regular terms help the kids to grow and develop in a proper way and boost their vitality with reducing the risk of numerous chronic diseases.
· The kids need to aim to eat two serves of fruit and five serves of vegetables each day.
· Try to have fresh fruits that are available as a convenient snack.
Eat Selected Snacks and Healthier Alternatives
· Healthy snacks can help kids and elders to meet their daily nutritional necessities.
· Snacks made of fruits and vegetables are wonderful. Avoid fatty dairy products. Whole grains are the healthiest choices for kids.
· Avoid snacks that have a high level of sugar or saturated fats like chips, cakes and chocolate as these can cause children to put on excess weight.
Quench Thirst — Drink plenty of liquids
Does your kid know that more than half of their weight is just water?
· So, besides giving your body all the food it needs each day to keep it healthy, the kids need to drink at least five glasses of liquids a day.
· It is particularly important in the summer season. Kids need to drink plenty of fluids during summers because physical activities make them shed a lot of sweat.
· Plain water is great of course; kids can have tap water or mineral water, plain or flavored that contains fruit juices, tea, soft drinks, milk and other drinks from time to time.
Hence, by this information, the parents must have understood that how to make their child understand the importance of healthy diet in life and help them to create a healthy lifestyle.