Who I’m Stalking, err, Hoping to Meet at Dreamforce 16
Only 9 days to go until Dreamforce, the Salesforce conference that takes over San Francisco once a year. For me, going to this conference is akin to telling a seven-year-old they are going to DisneyWorld, and for me, Mickey is Marc Benioff. I wrote about my first experience attending the conference recently, and boy what a difference a year makes! This year, I will be much more involved and I have expanded my relationships with people in the community. I really attribute my increased involvement to two things: Twitter, and the List that I made prior to DF15. One of my main goals last year was to meet the people in the Salesforce community who inspired and helped me. I am so happy I did, because I have made some really great friends as a result! Dreamforce and regional events like Midwest Dreamin and Southeast Dreamin are ideal opportunities to not only learn, but connect with your Salesforce idols.
I have a really, really long list this year. For the purposes of brevity, here is a list of 5 that I am looking forward to meeting and spending time with at #DF16:
1. Annie Shek-Mason- I attended a session of Annie’s at #DF15. She is passionate about Salesforce and especially Trailhead. We connected via Twitter, and she has featured me in her blog. Annie joined a WIT virtual meeting back in January to discuss her #Trailhead4All event, which focuses on bringing Trailhead to your local community. I really admire her involvement in both the Admin and Developer communities.
2. Vinay Chaturvedi- Vinay and I connected via Twitter. He is the Noida, India UG Leader, and has been a real help to me over the last year with different Salesforce Trailhead Developer badges I have attempted to earn! I am so very excited to meet him during not only his First Dreamforce, but first ever trip to the USA!
3. Jennifer Lee — The #Trailhead and Process Automation queen! Jen is such an inspiration to me-her knowledge and passion for the platform seem to have no bounds. I absolutely cannot wait to finally meet her in person!
4. Atul Gupta- As with Vinay, Atul and I connected over Twitter. His passion for the platform, and especially Trailhead is contagious! He too has helped me numerous times on those Developer badges I can’t complete on my own. This is Atul’s first Dreamforce, and first time in America. I can’t wait to hang out with him and see his stellar smile in person!
5. Meighan Brodkey- We connected via Twitter and I am truly in awe of her platform knowledge. I read her story when she was featured as Girly Geek of the Week on Lauren Jordan’s blog, and her passion for the platform is evident.
Thanks for checking out my partial list of the Salesforce rock stars I am hoping to meet next week. If you aren’t already, please be sure to connect with them yourself! Who are you looking to meet? I would love for you to tweet me your list!