Requirements for getting a Canada PR Visa from India
Permanent resident visa are permits that are given to immigrant to Canada while they continue to be citizens of India. When you travel to other countries, this permit is evidence that you are a permanent resident of Canada. You will also need to produce it in order to re-enter Canada.
To start your process of applying for a Canada PR from India, you are supposed to contact the nearest Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate. You can contact the Canadian High Commission in New Delphi. Some of the basic things that you will be required to provide include:
• A criminal record check as well as a medical certificate
• A duly filled application for permanent resident visa
• Application fee
• Go for interview with the immigration officials
On top of this and depending on the category and nature of your application, you may need to provide:
• Original copies as well as the official translations of the document that are meant to support your application such as the education certificates, sponsor letter, personal identification and other relevant documents
• Enough funds to support yourself during the initial stay in Canada
• Skills assessment tests
• results for language test
• Other tests and documents
As a PR permit holder, you do not only have the right to live and work in Canada but with time you can also become entitled to get the Canadian citizenship. In fact, you have almost the same rights as the holders of Canadian citizenship apart for a few things such as voting. Some of the benefits that you will enjoy as a holder of a PR status include:
• Legal rights, equal opportunities and social security
• Permission to travel in and out of the country at will. You can also travel to any area of the country without any limitations.
• As a visa holder, you can enjoy Child Tax Benefits
• You are guaranteed of income supplement in accordance to the old age security as well as the Canada Pension Plan.
• You enjoy universal health care where most of your medical costs will be covered by the universal health care program in Canada.
• Children aged below 18 are allowed to benefit from free education in the national public school.
It is advisable that you should consult a good and experienced immigration expert if you are to get an all-inclusive assistance.
Processing a Canada PR from India
I have received hundred of mails asking me for question on the process of immigrating to Canada form India. This is the reason that I have decided to write this post to offer insight in the entire process.
A permanent resident visa is a permit that shows that you are a resident of the Maple Leaf Country. With a PR permit, you are allowed to live in any other country but you must be in Canada for a period of 2 years for every 5 years. Living outside the country for a longer period can cause you to lose your Canadian Permanent Resident Card.
In order to get the PR card, you should submit a separate application accompanied by the necessary fees for every individual in your family who would like to get the PR card. You are also supposed to submit your biometrics such as photographs and fingerprints together with your complete application.
With the right guidance from experts, it can be easier to get a Canada PR from India. Ensure that you follow the necessary procedure and submit the necessary documents. Also ensure that your application is also clean and neat as it can help to increase your chances. This is because it leaves a positive impact on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)-the organization that handles visa issues.
One of the major questions that I encounter among the applicants is on how long the whole process will take. The truth of the matter is that there is no single rule and no one knows. However, there are several tricks that you can use to ensure that your application gets processed fast. No matter the category of the PR visa that you are applying for, most of them will last for a period of 6 to 12 months in order to be processed. However, it is important to note that there are applications that are processed faster while others will wait for years.
It is usually a long process for an application to be processed or rejected as the immigration officials are supposed to check and verify PR visa applications. All applicants for the permanent resident visa are also supposed to undergo a mandatory security check to prevent the entry of individuals who can turn out to be a security risk to the country. If background checks prove to be difficult to perform for an applicant, the process can end up taking longer