Nutty Vegan Brownies
Brownies are a delicious snack. But once you discover you’re allergic to gluten, they are one of the first things to leave your indulgent menu. But no more! Thanks to the magic of brown rice flour, you can now enjoy these well tested brownies, recipe & images provided by OhSheGlows.com
- .5 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 cup whole almonds, ground into a flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate, divided
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9 in square pan with parchment and grease all sides. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside.
- In a blender, process almonds into a meal/flour.
- In large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, corn starch, cocoa, Himalayan salt, baking soda).
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave chocolate/margarine 30–45 seconds. Stir, add in flax mix, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Whisk.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir well. Fold in the walnuts and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop thick batter into prepared pan and place a piece of parchment on top. Spread with hands or a pastry roller until smooth and even.
- Bake for 35–37 minutes at 350F. Allow brownies to cool in pan for about 1.5 hours.
- Do not remove brownies until completely cool. After an hour, separate edge of brownie from pan with a butter knife and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely. Leave overnight, slice in morning.