Did you ever wonder why some people seem more happy than others?
The guy sitting next to me at C.T Coffee and Coconuts smiling at his Mac, savoring his Latte and looking completely happy and zen, raises this question right now. Should I ask him? Anyways, I’ll just enjoy his sight and indulge myself with this too yummy coconut yoghurt with lost of disco dips. (aka super foods)
The past months I have been seeking for a hands-on guide on how to be more happy (or satisfied) in my day-to-day life. Maybe more importantly find answers to what aspects of life made me feel unhappy or not satisfied. Was is the workload? The new balance of bringing up bébé 2?(you are welcome!)The combination? Not spending enough time with my love or my friends? Not being fit? Anything in between? Or simply because I was sick?
No, I am not sick TG! Slightly stressed, I’ll admit. Eureka!
The road — I prefer to call it Happiness Campaign- towards a much better understanding of what causes my status quo has been tremendously interesting. It actually resolved in number 10 of my Happiness Checklist :) An ugly but yet quite deliberating journey through the past. Letting go off nasty memories and still embracing some mistakes. A needed reflection thanks — THANK YOU!- to many great -and not so great books , family members, friends and my mentor. All of them added great value to this checklist of aspects that help me be more zen(trendword alert!) more satisfied and thus Happy!
Please note that this is my list, be compassionate and add-on helpful information such as reads, people to meet or your own experiences. If you think it’s bullocks.. simply forget about it ;)
10 things to let go off as much as possible — The only person being accountable for my happiness is me, myself and I. Owning it!
- Regret mistakes of my past — I can’t turn them around anymore, it made me to who I am! Deal with it :)
- Worry about my future — a healthy worry is no constraint but limiting yourself due to worrying about the future is!
- Actively complain and gossip — focussing on positivity, will surround me with positivity. What goes around comes around.
- Toxic people — Subtilely detach from parasites in my surrounding. I have the right to be surrounded with people who help me develop, give me energy and care (in the widest meaning of the wor(l)d).
- I do not always need to be right… Oh every time I step over my ego and acknowledge that I wasn’t right and apologize, it feels so good. It makes me happy…wasn’t that the point?
- Let go of the need to impress everyone — It’s hard enough to impress myself.
- Stop trying to please everyone — even a Labrador can’t.
- Quit feeling sorry for myself — it’s a lonely direction, nobody cares.
- Let go of negative self-talk — it’s a lonely place. If you don’t like it, find a way to change it.
- Never ever stop learning — Mandatory!
You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.
I am not illusional and know that it’s of course not THE answer to Happiness but it helped me get organized and feel a lot better only within 12 months! It was a good eye-opener. The journey continues…
Normal Gets You Nowhere by Kelly Cutrone, The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama -You Can Heal Your Life byLouise Hay — The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin — Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan — The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle — The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo — Wabi Sabi: The Art of Everyday Life by Diane Durston and many more.
On the first day, all the fish at the fish stall are fresh. Some sell, some don't. The second day, the sold fish are…sethgodin.typepad.com
Hello Hit me in The Face That I Have No Time Left To Be Unhappy!
This is a long human life in years: And here's a human life in months: But today, we're going to look at a human life…www.huffingtonpost.com
Happy Talks: Alert awkwardness!
Stuff that make me happy and help me stay focussed! Buy: Passion Planner
Thank you and if I can help to make you Happy, please reach out! Joe!