Communication & Journalism Major🌷 999🌷Dis Merci 🌹Executive Blogger. JMDM9992018🌎
My Top 5 Takeaways From “Managing Oneself” By Peter Drucker
1. “ Managing yourself requires taking responsibility for relationships “
2. “Successful careers are not planned. They develop when people are prepared for opportunities because they know their strengths, their method of work, and their values.”
3. “Schools everywhere are organized on the assumption that there is only one right way to learn and that it is the same way for everybody.”
4. As this example suggests, it is rarely possible — or even particularly fruitful — to look too far ahead. A plan can usually cover no more than 18 months and still be reasonably clear and specific. So the question in most cases should be, Where and how can I achieve results that will make a difference within the next year and a half ? The answer must balance several things. First, the results should be hard to achieve — they should require “stretching,” to use the current buzzword. But also, they should be within reach. To aim at results that cannot be achieved — or that can be only under the most unlikely circumstances — is not being ambitious; it is being foolish. Second, the results should be meaningful. They should make a difference. Finally, results should be visible and, if at all possible, measurable. From this will come a course of action: what to do, where and how to start, and what goals and deadlines to set. RESPONSIBILITY
5. Of all the important pieces of self-knowledge, understanding how you learn is the easiest to acquire.
Never miss a story from Jamal Maison☂️, when you sign up for Medium. Learn more