What to pack for your photography trip in 2017?
The good old days have passed, where you must cary a DSLR camera and heavy tripod to take a raw photo for yourself or the nature around you.
Efficiency, is the concept of doing things in least available/specific resources.
In our case, we want or wish to travel with:
- light & compact camera that takes great quality images
- light camera’s accessories (tripod…etc)
- Editing device (e.g. laptop that has photoshop, adobe premier for photo and video editing)
If you are a pro-photographer or frequent hobbyist, you will find that all 3 points are your dream list for your ultimate trip. However, today you will be granted your dream to become reality.
- instead of heavy duty DSLR camera, which will be costly and limited in capabilities, take an action camera like GoPro Hero 5 black or YIi4K or YI4K+. You can buy 2 or 4 unites of thise action cameras for the price of one DSLR from Canon or Nikon. Plus, you will be able to take several video shots, time-lapse, and photos (limited in editing tolerance) with efficiency.
- Since you are using light & compact action camera, then by default you are buying light camera accessories and cheaper time-lapse equipments. (check my post)
- Use an iPad pro 12.9 or 10.5 inches for photo and video editing. and those are the recommended apps by me:
For Photo Editing: Lightroom , PS Express , Photoshop Fix, and for your Raw photos use PhotoRaw.
For Video Editing: Splice , Quik , Filmmaker Pro, iMove, Magisto