Frequently Asked Questions
What is Scroll+? And why should I pay for it?
Our aim, at Scroll.in, is to build an independent media company that covers the news that matters, objectively and in-depth. We also want to ensure that your reading and viewing experience remains uncluttered, without too many ads. For us to deliver on this goal in a sustainable manner, we need to make sure that a healthy portion of our revenues comes directly from our readers. By paying for a Scroll+ subscription, you are funding quality journalism and ensuring that we can deliver a great user experience.
In the spirit of not limiting the reach of quality and fact-checked reportage, access to our articles is and will remain free for all. As a Scroll+ subscriber, what you will get in addition to these articles, is exclusive access to services and features. This includes an ad-free experience, full access to our 4-year archives and a subscriber-exclusive section ‘The Plus in Scroll+’. The exclusive section features a regularly updated mix of hand-picked experiences, invitations, and offers. Several new features (e.g., save for offline reading, audio versions of stories) will also be introduced soon. Subscribers will automatically gain access to all features as soon as they are launched.
What exclusive benefits will I get as a subscriber?
As a Scroll+ subscriber, you will get exclusive access to services and features. This includes an ad-free experience, full access to our 4-year archives and a subscriber-exclusive section ‘ The Plus in Scroll+’. The exclusive section features a a regularly updated mix of hand-picked experiences, invitations, and offers. Several new features (e.g., save for offline reading, audio versions of stories) will also be introduced soon. Subscribers will automatically gain access to all features as soon as they are launched.
Is there a free sign-up available?
We currently do not offer a free registration-only plan.
What do you mean by an ad-free experience?
The ad-free experience promises the subscriber no display ads or video ads within or outside an article, as long as the subscriber is on the Scroll website or app, and is logged in. Subscribers will still see content pieces sponsored by brands. These are always clearly demarcated and branded as they are on the current Scroll website. However, if you happen to access a Scroll article on other platforms such as Facebook Instant Articles or AMP, you may still see ads.
What are the subscription plans available?
We currently have two Scroll+ subscription plans
For readers based in India –
- Quarterly — INR 300
- Yearly — INR 999
For international readers –
- Quarterly — USD 15
- Yearly — USD 50
What are the modes of payment?
- International readers can pay using Paypal.
- Readers based out of India can pay using credit/debit cards, net banking, UPI, wallets like Freecharge, PayZapp and Ola Money or PayTM. You may also make the payment using cheques by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my subscription be auto-renewed?
The subscription will be auto-renewed only for subscribers paying through credit cards and Paypal. You will be notified via email before your subscription plan is auto-renewed with the option to disable renewal in the My Accounts section.
For subscribers paying through all other payment methods, we do not currently auto-renew subscriptions. However, you will be notified via email when your subscription plan is close to the end of its tenure. Renewal will be your choice; one we hope you make!
Will I be able to login on multiple devices to access my Scroll+ account?
Yes, you will be able to access your account by logging in via desktop, mobile tablet or Android app. You will be required to login to these devices with your subscriber username and password to access your account.
We currently do not provide a login option on our iOS app. We regret the inconvenience caused. We are working towards integrating the feature with our apps, and will intimate you as soon as it is launched. Thank you for your patience!
I’m unable to register with my email id. I repeatedly get an error. Help
If you would like to subscribe using an already registered email address, please select the ‘Sign In’ option on the order page. Sign in with your email address and password, and this will allow you to continue your purchase. If you are still having trouble, please write to us at email@example.com detailing the error and we will help resolve the issue.
A ‘Google authentication error’ occurs when I try to login to my Scroll+ account using the Google sign-in option. What do I do?
This could be because of your browser environment. Some common reasons have been listed below. Please check if any of these apply to your case, and then take the appropriate actions as listed.
- Cookies disabled — Cookies should be enabled on your browser. You may follow the steps listed below to enable cookies depending on the browser you use -
- Internet Explorer — Click here to enable cookies on IE.
- Google Chrome — Click here to enable cookies on Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox — Click here to enable cookies on Firefox
- Safari — Click here to enable cookies on Safari
- Older browser version — Ensure you are using the latest browser version. If not, please update your browser.
- Third party plug-ins/extensions — Deactivate third party plug-ins/extensions configured on your browser. Ensure Ad blocker, Ad blocker plus and Privacy badger are disabled on your browser.
- Pop-ups disabled — Pop-ups should be enabled on your browser, since a Google login selection will launch a pop-up. You may follow the steps listed below to enable pop-ups depending on the browser you are on -
- Internet Explorer — Click here to enable pop-ups on IE.
- Google Chrome — Click here to enable pop-ups on Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox — Click here to enable pop-ups on Firefox
- Safari — Click here to enable pop-ups on Safari
- Sign-in pop-up window closed — Do not close the pop-up window which shows up when you click on the ‘Sign up with google’ option. This disallows your request to login to your google account.
If the above solutions do not resolve the issue, do try logging in on a different browser/environment. If the problem persists, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with details of which browser you’re using and a snapshot, if possible.
My payment is not going through, what can I do?
Please write to us at email@example.com detailing the payment error or query and we will help resolve the issue.
Can I change my plan after subscribing and making the payment?
We currently do not have an option to change the subscription plan before the termination of its tenure.
Can I cancel my subscription or get a refund on my subscription?
We currently do not have an option for the termination of a subscription plan before its specified tenure. Therefore, refunds are also not possible.
For subscribers who have made the payment using Credit cards, you will be notified via email before auto-renewal. You may then choose to disable the renewal.