We’re hiring: General Manager for Second Home, London
SALARY — dependent on experience
Second Home is London’s most iconic and high-profile workspace and cultural venue. To further our mission to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship, the Second Home team is looking for a General Manager to lead on operations at one of our new London sites opening in summer 2017.
We are seeking a multitalented individual who’s a leader in the creative and business community — someone with the vision and energy to grow the company and ensure that our site operates in line with Second Home’s global mission to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship.
Second Home is a fast-growing, profitable and well-capitalised company — our funders include some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs and investors, including Index Ventures, Yuri Milner (DST Global), Robin Klein and the co-founders of Jawbone, Zoopla and M&C Saatchi.
MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE
Working closely with the founders and management team, the General Manager will be responsible for the following:
Commercial performance — Deliver against overall company objectives and own the P&L for one of our London sites.
Membership — Ensure Second Home continues to be full and thriving with the most exciting, interdisciplinary and innovative teams in London. Take responsibility for ensuring full Studio & Roaming membership.
Team — Build, retain and develop a high-performing team capable of sustaining the world-class facilities and experience that our members expect — an environment where people and ideas truly flourish.
Community — Ensure Second Home continues to build the strongest possible ties with the local creative and entrepreneurial communities; build links with external networks, partners and media; ensuring our members are as well-connected as possible to key influencers and potential investors.
Space & Facilities — Maintain excellent facilities and design standards across the site.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Have at least 5 years significant commercial and management experience, in a fast-paced services environment.
- Be an effective leader, with prior experience building high-performing teams
- Think creatively — passionate about the arts, design, culture and politics
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in emerging business models, the knowledge economy and the transformative effect of technology
- Be detail orientated and delivery focussed, happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck as the situation requires
- Communicate effectively in every channel, a natural networker, with the intellect and credibility to engage at the highest level
- Be generous of time and spirit
- Have a strong sense of curation and taste from design to event speakers
- Naturally adhere to the Second Home credo — pay attention, pay it forward, never cut corners and strive to leave everything better than you found it
OPPORTUNITY FOR PROGRESSION
This role will include direct line management responsibilities and may include the opportunity to work across other Second Home sites as we expand globally.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the role then please send us an up-to-date CV with a covering email outlining the specific skills you think you’d bring to the role and to the wider Second Home team to email@example.com
Close date for application is 10 February 2017.
RECENT MEDIA COVERAGE
“The best office in the world?” — Architectural Review
“London’s coolest workplace.” — ES Magazine