We’re hiring: Second Home Country Manager, Portugal
** Applications for this role have now closed, thank you for your interest in Second Home **
SALARY c. €80–100,000K depending on experience
Second Home is London’s most iconic and high-profile workspace and cultural venue — and is launching at the Mercado da Ribeira in Lisbon in May / June 2016.
We are looking for an outstanding leader to be our Portugal Country Manager — building and launching our operations in Lisbon, with a view to further locations in the years ahead.
Second Home’s mission is to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship — and we do this by bringing together the most diverse community of different industries, disciplines and ideas, and then stirring the pot to spark new collaborations and innovations.
Second Home is a fast-growing, profitable and well-capitalised company — our funders include some of the world’s most successful investors, such as Yuri Milner (DST Global), Index Ventures, Martin Lau (Chairman of Tencent) and Tom Hulme (Google Ventures).
SECOND HOME LISBON
Second Home Lisbon will be based in the Mercado da Ribeira, in Cais do Sodre — and will be the most exciting place to work and play in the city. The space will include a 40-person events space for live music, films and events; a 100m worktable snaking along the length of the building, and a late-night bar with a bookshop inside.
MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE
Working closely with the founders and management team in London, the country manager will be responsible for the following:
Membership — Ensure Second Home Lisbon is full of the brightest of the best and thriving; attract, sign and retain members that are entrepreneurial, diverse, interdisciplinary and creative.
Commercial performance — Deliver against overall company objectives; own the P&L for Portugal.
Team — Build a high-performing team capable of sustaining the world-class facilities and experience that our members expect — an environment where people and ideas truly flourish.
Community — Ensure Second Home Lisbon is known among the local creative and entrepreneurial communities; build links with external networks, partners and media; ensure our members are well-connected to relevant influencers, groups and communities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be fluent in English (essential), fluency in Portuguese desired
- Have at least 8 years experience, including management responsibility, in a fast-paced services environment
- Be an effective leader, with prior experience building high-performing teams
- Communicate effectively in every channel, a natural networker, with the intellect and credibility to engage at the highest level
- Think creatively — passionate about the arts, design, culture and politics
- Be able to demonstrate an interest in emerging business models, the knowledge economy and the transformative effect of technology
- Be excited about the challenge of building a team and a business from scratch and not have that phase you
- Have a strong sense of curation and taste from design to event speakers
- Naturally adhere to the Second Home credo — pay attention, pay it forward, never cut corners and strive to leave everything better than you found it
OPPORTUNITY FOR PROGRESSION
This role will include direct line management responsibilities and may include the opportunity to work across other Second Home sites as we expand globally.
Applications must be in English
Close date for application is 26 February 2016.
** Applications for this role have now closed **
RECENT MEDIA COVERAGE
“The best office in the world?” — Architectural Review
“London’s coolest workplace.” — ES Magazine