We’re hiring: Cafe/Bar Manager
Location: Second Home, Mercado di Ribeira, Lisboa
Second Home is a creative accelerator: an iconic workspace and cultural venue that brings together diverse industries, ideas and teams, all in the pursuit of great work.
To support us in our mission to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship in cities around the world, we are looking for a creative, dynamic and experienced Cafe/Bar Manager to set up and run our operation in Lisbon.
The Second Home bar will be a place for members to connect, meet informally throughout the day and blend seamlessly into a lively bar and event space in the evenings.
The right candidate will be excited by the opportunity to create something new and innovative as well as having a passion and enthusiasm for working with local and artisanal drink and food suppliers and producers.
The bar will play host to Second Home Lisboa’s events programme; bringing together the ideas and work of global and local innovators, thinkers and artists who are helping reshape the way we think about work and life.
Working closely with the Country Manager, Second Home’s F&B Director and events team, the Cafe/Bar Manager will be responsible for creating an exciting new concept for the Lisbon scene and ensuring the successful operation of a multi-use space.
This role will:
- Be responsible for all operational elements associated with setting up and running the bar/restaurant.
- Work closely with the Country Manager to ensure a healthy P&L.
- Be creative and excited about developing the concept for the bar, in line with the brand’s vision, mission and taste.
- Source and set up all supplier contracts.
- Ensure that all purchase and sales reporting adheres to Second Home’s internal financial processes.
- Be responsible for hiring, training and managing of all bar staff.
- Ensure that the space has a convivial, exciting atmosphere for members.
- Ensure that the restaurant is health and safety compliant.
- Take legal responsibility for licensing the premises.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a minimum of three years experience in a managerial role within a successful restaurant or bar.
- Be enthusiastic about Second Home’s mission and values and naturally embody its taste.
- Be excited by an opportunity to develop a new concept and shape Second Home’s bar operation in Lisbon.
- Naturally adhere to the Second Home credo — pay attention, pay it forward, never cut corners and strive to leave everything better than you found it.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9th September 2016. All applications must be in English.