We’re hiring — Business Development Assistant, London.
Location: Second Home, Spitalfields.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Second Home is a creative accelerator: an iconic workspace and cultural venue that brings together diverse industries, ideas and teams, all in the pursuit of great work.
We’re currently embarking on a new marketing plan in preparation for opening two new sites in London in 2017 and LA in 2018. We’ve also just opened Lisbon in December 2016! It’s an exciting time for the business.
We require a Business Development Assistant who will work alongside the membership team and manage our membership pipeline. The role requires building new membership leads and managing our current membership at Spitalfields. The business development assistant will support the wider Membership team at our flagship site in Spitalfields and will report into the Head of Business Development — London.
It’s a new role within the team and one we feel is hugely important to the business moving forward. We would like a team player, who is confident to speak about Second Home and its mission.
This role will manage:
- All membership sales — lead on tours to create potential members to join our creative community.
- Head of Terms: ensure all members sign accurate contractual Heads of Terms
- Member journey: ensure the relevant teams are notified of incoming & outgoing members (i.e. Facilities / Reception / People / Finance)
- Membership changes — handle membership changes, i.e. adding / removing members or freezing memberships
- Internal studio moves — companies grow in our community and we need someone to have a strategic outlook on where they can be placed in our building.
- Maintain the Members Area of the website alongside our design team.
- Events & Marketing: ensure all relevant member data in Salesforce is fed to the events & marketing team Roaming Membership — When required, support Roaming Membership sales with follow ups
- Membership Acquisition — Support the Membership Team on pipeline-building activities, e.g. attending events
- Minute weekly New Membership meeting — minute the meeting, circulate the agenda, capture action points
- When the team require you to — run weekly tours on our sites for guests.
- Create member bio’s and help with the content for other collateral alongside our designers to make sure each new potential member knows what Second Home feels like.
- Reassuring all member; roamers and studio, are on our mailing list and with updated email, receiving all information they need.
- Recording real-time and up-to-date feedback loop on what worked and how we can increase our pipeline of members.
- Develop and maintain a system for how we capture new lead information at reception.
- Consistently re-evaluate and improve relevant processes in place to deliver an enhanced member experience
- Provide backup and support within the staffing structure and carrying out the duties of another member of the membership team in the event of absence/illness.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have worked in a membership environment for over a year.
- Have a track record of increasing sales.
- Have excellent organisational & time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Be a team player and a strong communicator.
- Have an enthusiastic and lively personality and an enthusiasm to be a friendly, insightful and proactive member of a dynamic team.
- Be open-minded and innovative, with initiative, drive and the ability to implement change.
- Be quick to understand and adopt Second Home’s vision and future growth strategy, having the skills to add value from day one.
- Naturally, adhere to the Second Home credo — pay attention, pay it forward, never cut corners and strive to leave everything better than you found it.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to
Applications for this role close on Friday 24th February 2017.