We’re hiring: Receptionist
Second Home is a creative accelerator: an iconic workspace and cultural venue that brings together diverse industries, ideas and teams, all in the pursuit of great work.
Our community includes fast-growing global businesses such as Task Rabbit and Artsy and home grown innovators such as Visualise and Bulb. Second Home hosts a year-round programme of talks, exhibitions, live music, film screenings and more.
Second Home is a fast-growing, profitable and well-capitalised company — our funders include some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs and investors, including Index Ventures, Yuri Milner (DST Global), Robin Klein and the co-founders of Jawbone, Zoopla and M&C Saatchi.
To support us in our mission to nurture creativity and entrepreneurship in cities around the world, we are looking for an energetic receptionist to join the team and ensure we deliver a world-class front of house service to members.
Reception is the beating heart of our building — the team there is the first to greet members and their guests and the place people go with a wide range of questions. The experience there sets the tone each day for every visitor.
Salary — Dependent on experience
Main elements of role:
- Be a brand ambassador for Second Home and talk passionately about our mission and values.
- Ensure members and guests receive a world-class welcome.
- Ensure that all Second Home ‘world class essentials’ (e.g. internet connectivity, space to work, comfort of environment) are consistently met.
- Think of creative ways to surprise or delight our members so they always feel at home.
- Having an interest into our members mission and constantly understanding how they can collaborate.
- Problem-solve any issues members have quickly, intelligently and generously.
- Consistently re-evaluate and improve relevant processes in place to deliver an enhanced member experience.
- Ensure a thorough handover system between the reception staff according to the shift pattern.
- Provide backup and support within the staffing structure and carrying out the duties of another member of the team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a recent graduate looking to join a fast paced company with a willingness to progress.
- Have excellent organizational & time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Have a great personality and a willingness to be a friendly, insightful and proactive member of a dynamic team.
- Be open minded and innovative, with initiative, drive and the ability to implement change.
- Be quick to understand and adopt Second Home’s vision and future growth strategy, having the skills to add value from day one.
- Be able to be flexible and adapt to change while ensuring best practice is implemented at all times.
- Have at least a year’s experience in a customer facing role.
- Naturally adhere to the Second Home credo — pay attention, pay it forward, never cut corners and strive to leave everything better than you found it.
You will be joining a business that is going through a sustained period of growth, and within this role you will have exposure to the company’s senior management team and have significant opportunities to grow and expand your career.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com