We’re hiring: Events Assistant, London
Second Home is a creative workspace and cultural venue that brings together thinkers, makers, artists and entrepreneurs. We understand that great things happen when different ideas, people and industries collide.
As part of our commitment to nurturing creativity and entrepreneurship, Second Home is looking for a hands-on individual to assist with the delivery of our exciting and diverse events programme.
This is a dynamic role for a motivated and intellectually curious individual with great communication skills and a keen eye for detail. Working with the events and marketing teams, you will play a key role in delivering all of our events — from our public talks series to large launch parties for our new sites.
For the right individual this will be a fantastic opportunity to grow with the company as we expand across multiple sites in London.
One — two years experience in events production or related area required
Salary- dependent on experience
Main elements of role:
- Maintain communication with our wider community by keeping event content on our website and Billetto up to date.
- Manage the ordering, designing and layout of all event posters.
- Lead on managing our main events inbox by replying to all enquiries and sending out regular mailouts in 24 hours.
- Compile event details and liaise with our design team to create marketing collateral.
- Write, format and send reminder emails and thank you emails.
- Be confident to introduce Second Home to an auditorium full of 100 people or more.
- Not afraid to get stuck in and see an event all the way through from setting up to resetting the space. This mainly includes setting up furniture and AV.
- Meet and greet event partners and ensure they have what they need and feel at home.
- Monitor events ensuring everything runs smoothly and offer assistance to take questions from audience.
- Have a creative and organised outlook on assisting in the planning and delivery of special events eg. membership parties.
Skills & Experience needed:
- Experience in event production desired
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Working knowledge of InDesign desired
- Good understanding of AV with the know-how to troubleshoot and problem-solve if necessary
- Friendly and welcoming with the confidence to address a room full of people
- Intellectually curious with an interest in the Second Home events programme.
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work weekends during peak times
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach your CV / portfolio and current salary and notice.