Report Card Now Delivers Accountability to Your Inbox
Accountability is a four-letter word. It brings up uncomfortable feelings of being told how we’re falling short. Few, on either side of the conversation, walk away feeling positive and motivated to do better. What needs to be true for people to embrace accountability? Clear expectations, metrics, and visibility that move subjective/emotional conversations in an objective/data-driven direction.
SeeClickFix’s Data-Driven Journey
Over the last year, SeeClickFix has become more accountable and data-driven internally. Managers receive weekly automated emails summarizing their department’s, and the company’s, key metrics letting us know how we’re performing against goal. This weekly cadence leads to productive conversations about our results and how we can improve.
Introducing Report Card
SeeClickFix’s local government customers wanted to have more data-driven conversations in their organizations too and, in February 2018, SeeClickFix Report Card was born.
Report Card Highlights
- There are two main types of reports within the Report Card: category reports and assignee reports. These reports are grouped by creation date — meaning that all data in the report is related to requests created within the selected date range.
- Reports can be filtered by Created Date, Geography, and Category or Assignee.
- Performance metrics focus on average time to acknowledge and close (excluding weekends and federal holidays), the % of requests closed within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and the number of requests that are not closed before the associated due date.
- Metrics can be compared to the prior period or any custom period.
- Reports can be exported as Excel files or shared via URL.
- Values within the Report Card can be clicked to see those requests in the list view — where you can take action.
Already a customer and want to start using Report Card? Contact your Partnership Manager. In the meantime, learn more about Report Card here Using 311 Data to Drive Change and Manage Performance. Considering SeeClickFix? Request a new client demo.
Finding Opportunities to Improve
For one SeeClickFix client, Report Card has allowed him to identify under resourced teams. In one instance, he saw how abandoned bicycle removal requests spiked every August (with a corresponding increase in response time) while pothole fill requests were at an annual low.
At first, the solution seemed obvious. Redirect the people who fix the potholes to help remove the bikes. But in local government, where labor unions clearly scope job responsibilities, this reallocation of resources is often not permitted. That said, the striking data has forced our client to think more creatively about a solution.
One idea includes creating a special team that can float between departments/responsibilities and cover seasonal spikes or short term absences like sick leaves. Now, the abandoned bicycle removal team can have a data-driven conversation with their manager about whether or not their meeting their service level agreement (SLA) and why. Report Card even lets teams adjust their SLAs seasonally.
Opportunities for Improvement and Praise
The Report Card effectively shows where opportunities for improvement and praise lie. This only happens when the data is shared and reviewed. Now, you can schedule and automatically send Report Cards to stakeholders’ inboxes with their department’s data.
Start using Report Card and find the insights you’re looking for. Already a customer? Learn more about Report Card in this blog post Using 311 Data to Drive Change and Manage Performance. Considering SeeClickFix? Request a demo.