Popular Lifestyle Diets: Benefits & Guidelines
From celebrity starlets to fitness enthusiasts, the craze for lifestyle diets has spread amongst people far and wide, and going by its rising popularity, it’s safe to say that it is not going to die down anytime soon. If you, like many individuals around the world want to join the lifestyle diet bandwagon but are unsure where to begin, we have got you covered.
Listed below are details of the ten most popular modern lifestyle diets, their benefits, do’s and don’ts:
1. Vegan Diet:
A popular diet, resulting commonly from a movement towards animal welfare is the vegan diet. Veganism discourages the consumption or use of anything of animal origin. This includes dairy products, eggs, honey, leather, silk, fur, wool, animal-tested cosmetics and soaps, etc.
- Ensure your diet comprises of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, legumes and seeds.
- To prevent the deficiency of calcium, include lots of leafy greens in your diet.
- Take multi-vitamins to prevent the deficiency of B12 and other vitamins as prescribed by the doctor.
- LPlant-based diets lower the risk of chronic diseases like type 2diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
- Plant-based foods are low in unhealthy fats and contain no cholesterol.