On the Senate’s health care bill
Senate Republicans just released the text of their (formerly) secret health care bill.
If you thought the House bill was bad, the Senate bill is even worse!
- It would force middle- and low-income workers to pay more money for less coverage.
- It would slash funding for Medicaid, which serves one in five Americans, including low-income Americans and nearly two-thirds of those in nursing homes.
- It would harm women’s health by cutting funding to Planned Parenthood.
- It would allow insurance companies to charge older Americans more for their coverage with an “age tax.”
- And it would allow states to opt out of the essential health benefits required by Obamacare.
All of this to cut taxes for insurance companies and the wealthiest among us.
As we plan for next week’s debate and vote, tell me: Why does affordable health care matter to you? Share your thoughts here.