The Five Charts You Need to See on the Republican “Health Care” Bill
Here’s what you need to know about the Republican health care bill and why it’s bad for us:
- Less people will have health insurance. 15 million more people would be uninsured under the Republican health care bill next year & 22 million more people would be uninsured in the next decade.
2. Medicaid gets cut. Medicaid helps seniors pay for living nursing homes and pays for programs for children with disabilities in schools. In the next decade, it will see $772 billion in cuts.
3. Costs will increase for middle class families. Average premiums will increase by 20% next year.
4. There’s an age tax. Premiums & out-of-pocket costs for seniors will be higher under the Republican health care bill.
5. …But there’s a tax cut for the very wealthiest Americans. There’s a tax cut for the top 0.4% — the richest 400 households in the country — in the Republican health care bill.
We need you to speak out and speak up on this bill. Call your Senators. Visit their offices and town halls. Make your voices heard.
Be clear: If they vote for people to lose their healthcare, they will lose their jobs
We’ve beat this bill back before. We can do it again. So let’s keep up the pressure. Let’s show courage. And let’s fight for health care to become a right for all, not a privilege for a few.