President Trump Is Promising His Magic-Bullet Healthcare Plan Again, But We’ve Heard This Song Before
In an interview with ABC News, President Trump declared his intention to repeal our health care law and replace it with a yet-to-be-released healthcare plan.
We’ve heard this before. Dating back to the 2016 election, President Trump has consistently promised that his magic healthcare plan is right around the corner, but he always fails to deliver.
We know that right now, the Trump administration is fighting in the courts to end the health law, including getting rid of protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions. That’s right — the Trump administration is trying to end the health law with no plan to replace it. This could have dire results for the American people:
- 130 million Americans would lose pre-existing condition protections
- The uninsured rate would increase by 65 percent
- 17 million people would lose Medicaid expansion
- 12 million seniors would have to pay more for prescription drugs
- 2.3 million adult children would no longer be able to stay on their parents’ insurance
- Insurance companies would be able to charge women 50% more than men
President Trump and Republicans across the country must stop working to undermine Americans’ access to high-quality, affordable health care.