Sensible Code build software for economists and statisticians
to access modern data science techniques and machine learning.
We’re looking for a software engineer to work on TableBuilder,
our super-fast statistical table builder for big, confidential datasets.
Key things to know about this job
- Full stack web development using Go and AWS
- Work with the UK’s well-regarded Office for National Statistics
- Create world-leading anonymisation algorithms for large datasets
- Flexible, partial remote working
Your skills are
- Believe in good software engineering — from unit tests to pull requests
- Comfortable with Unix systems administration and devops
- Like writing in public and private (papers/blogs) and presenting to clients
- Value Agile for its original manifesto principles
You’ll be responsible for
- Pushing projects as a whole to reach “done done”;
- Understanding customer needs and designing ways of solving them;
- Participating and steering project meetings.
Facts about The Sensible Code Company:
- We use lots of Go, Python, AWS, Docker and more.
- We all have balanced lives, exact working times are flexible.
- We’ve a generous 30 day company plus public holiday policy.
- Centred in Belfast with a max 2 hr commute to a EU/UK location.
To apply, send the following:
- It would be nice to see a sample of any code you’ve written either as an attachment, or a link to a repository;
- Your CV;
- Your telephone number.
How to apply
Email email@example.com quoting scjob21 in the subject line (no agencies).
Closing date August 18th, 2019.