How To Pack For A Three Month Trip To Italy (Clothes)
I finished packing three nights before my departure date. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that difficult to pack for three months.
Last Saturday, I went clothes shopping with my mother and got a brand new wardrobe that looks fantastic! I laid my new wardrobe out on my bed to do an inventory of what I had. Below is the picture to show the result (taken by Tablet):
When I had finished with my layout, I was quite proud of myself and did not want to remove all the neat stacks off of my bed, so I have spent the last few nights on the floor…
Wednesday, I finally did pack and fit all my clothes into one good sized suitcase and ended up with it weighing exactly 50 lbs, which is the weight limit for checked luggage on Delta Airlines, when flying from the US to Europe.
My inventory list looks like this, which you are more than welcome to use for reference! 😊
- 1 dressy coat/sweater
- 1 raincoat windbreaker
- 1 hoodie
- 1 knit shawl
- 3 Sets of PJ’s
- 4 pants/jean’s
- 2 leggings
- 1 pair of each: shorts, sweat pants, running T-Shirt
- 7 tank tops (various colors)
- 3 long sleeve undershirts
- 2 dresses
- 2 skirts
- 3 turtleneck sweaters
- 1 blazer
- 2 crop jackets for dresses
- 1 plaid vest (I love plaid for no reason)
- 10 long sleeve shirts (including dressy, button up, and casual)
- 10 dressy short sleeve shirts
- 10 casual short sleeve shirts
- 1 pair of leg warmers
- 1 ankle brace
- 1 pair of gloves/headband/scarf
- 1 swimsuit (one piece)
- 6 bras
- 25 panties
- 2 belts (leather and cloth)
- 2 pairs of sunglasses (athletic and dressy)
- 1 pair of Ugg Boots
- 1 pair of heel boots
- 1 go bag for feminine/hygienic products
And there you have it! My Italian wardrobe!
Other things included that I packed:
- Chargers/batteries for the above items
- Extra memory drive
- 2 notebooks and organizer tabs
- 4 Pens
- Water Bottle
A couple, simple and quick tips:
- Roll up your clothes to save space
- Put your undies/socks in plastic Ziploc bags and squish the air out :)
Now I am sure that I may have packed more than I need, including some extras and unnecessary items. Even though I will be able to mix and match all my clothes to make new outfits every day, I will be making a list and keeping track of all the clothes that I don’t wear and stuff that I should have packed, but I like to have something for every occasion!
Everything listed above fit in one suitcase except my jeans and sweaters, which I had to put into one carry on so that my suitcase met the weight limit. In the end, my suitcase was pretty roomy and I only needed two carry-ons. One for my sweaters and jeans and one for all of my gadgets, electronics, and other personal items.
My next article will give you some advice on what kind of gadgets and supplies travelers should pack, so hang around!