5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Falsies (False Eyelashes)
Falsies can take your lashes further than any volumizing mascara can go. However, if you want the ultra-glamorous look that says “perfect,” there are a few things you may need to consider before you get your first set of falsies. After all … there is a lot about getting a set of fake eyelashes applied to your natural lashes that you probably don’t know if you have never gotten a set before.
Here are 5 of the most common things you may not already know about falsies:
1. Falsies Can be Dangerous. One of the most unpleasant things about applying, and wearing store-bought conventional fake eyelash sets is the low-quality ingredients they contain. When in use, the smelly, sticky glues can damage the soft sensitive tissues around, and inside of your eye. Applying, and removing these types of eyelashes has even been shown in clinical studies to be a cause of eye disorders including chronic inflammation, allergic reactions, and even hemorrhage in the eye.(1)
2. Salon Lashes Are Expensive. If you were thinking that you could get away from the low-quality ingredients of store-bought fake lashes by visiting an eyelash salon, just be prepared for the high price tag of lash extensions. When applied by a specialist, one full set of faux eyelashes can cost between $150.00-$200.00 for the initial sitting.
3. You Have to Get a “Fill.” For every full set that you get from a lash specialist, you will (on average) need to revisit the salon every 2–3 weeks in order to keep up the maintenance as your natural eyelashes go through their growth phases. This can cost upwards of $350.00 per month when coupled with the initial application of the full set.
4. It Itches! Fashionistas know that beauty is pain, but if you have never had a set of false eyelashes applied to your peppers before, it can be very uncomfortable. However, the itching, and irritation is temporary which you may have expected, but just remember that when you use an adhesive to attach false lashes it can cause stinging, itching, and other common irritations that could linger for days after the application process. Over time, it gets a little easier to tolerate the tickles, and itching most people experience while applying falsies.
5. Not All Lashes Are Created Equal. While conventional low-cost fake lash sets are made with synthetic fibers, more high-end lashes can be made out of custom materials including silk, and mink lashes. There are even some types of false lash extensions that feature a matte satin finish for a sleek look. And others have a more delicate appearance, with tapered edges for a dramatic look.
The World’s First Magnetic Eyelash Extensions: One Two Lash by One Two Cosmetics.
Until now, all of the options for falsies involved some type of sticky, smelly adhesive. Today, you’ll find that a known toxin called formaldehyde can be found in many of the store-bought fake eyelash sets.(2) This is a dangerous ingredient in the adhesives that may harm your healthy eyes, and good vision, but companies still use it! In order to avoid the danger, you may opt for the higher price tag (and posh service) of a lash salon. Before now those were the only choices beyond mascara, and growth serums for thicker, longer lashes.
Introducing the World’s First Magnetic Eyelash Extensions: One Two Lash developed by One Two Cosmetics. Made with exclusive mini-magnetic technology, these lashes are the ONLY eyelash extensions that feature this proprietary design.
Made in 3 separate styles, there is a One Two Lash from One Two Cosmetics for every look you crave!
One Two Cosmetics make these exclusive magnetic eyelashes styles:
- One Two Cosmetic’s Original Lash. The Original Lash style features a sophisticated length that’s glamorous, yet natural. For a striking lash that works for both daytime, and evening looks without a “false lash” effect.
- Bold Lash. One Two Cosmetic’s Bold Lash brings high-intensity volume to the table. This look is only for those REAL glam gals ready to amp up their look with a sexy lash guaranteed to get noticed.
- Accent Lash. Look effortlessly pretty in the Accent Lash from One Two Cosmetics. With a subtle, and flirty flip at the end of each lash line, the Accent Lash adds a little mystery to your natural beauty.
A Final Thought on Magnetic One Two Lashes developed by One Two Cosmetics
When you want thicker, more luxurious lashes choose the best eyelash extensions: One Two Lashes developed by One Two Cosmetics of course! They have everything you want in a false lash, and nothing you don’t.
Every One Two Lash style applies in just seconds, and all without messy glue. The budge-proof exclusive mini-magnetic technology allows you to simply sandwich your natural lashes between the One Two Lashes, and go! Made for everyday use, these glue free eyelash extensions are the ultra-lightweight lashes you’ve been waiting for. Just set them, and forget them — One Two Lashes by One Two Cosmetics make looking beautiful absolutely effortless.
1. Amano Y, Sugimoto Y. Ocular disorders due to eyelash extensions. Cornea. 2012 Feb;31(2):121–5.
2. Amano Y, Sugimoto Y. Ocular disorders due to eyelash extensions. Cornea. 2012 Feb;31(2):121–5.