The Secrets of the Mind Science behind being Wealthy
Have you ever wondered what makes wealthy people wealthy? Looking at them, all you can see is just people. So why can‘t everybody be wealthy? What is the difference between wealthy and poor? It‘s the science of the mind. Let‘s have a look at the secrets of the mind science behind being wealthy.
1. Mental mobility. They are able to function and think creatively even when the situation is uncertain. They adapt themselves and think outside the box. They don‘t focus on uncertainty. That‘s why they flourish during tough times. They know that you can‘t be ready for all possible situations and you won‘t be, so it‘s better to do something, rather than give up.
2. Resilience. When they make a mistake, they deal with it, learn from it and move on. That‘s it. They don‘t constantly blame themselves or feel sorry for themselves. Even if someone hurts them or laughs at them, they don‘t hold on to it. The past is the past and they realise that in order to have a healthy future, they can‘t live in a past. Of course, they never ignore what happened, but they choose to see over it. They make a positive outcome out of a negative situation.
3. Emotional intelligence. People often underestimate the power of emotional intelligence. Wealthy people know how important it for a successful life. Emotional intelligence is basically an ability to manage your own emotions and the emotions of those around you. Wealthy people don‘t let their feelings determine their decisions and they don‘t let their emotions to regulate their mood. Have you ever heard a saying ‘Emotions are contagious‘? Wealthy people have learnt how to master it and successfully implement into their lives.
4. Mental toughness. Did you think that in order to be wealthy you need to be extremely intelligent and/or talented? Actually, it‘s not entirely true. In fact, wealthy people are oftentimes not smarted than others. They simply have more mental toughness than anyone else. They focus on the goal and do whatever needs to be done in order to achieve it. Even the people with great talents can be outworked by those with more mental toughness. They are focused, determined, stubborn, disciplined and happy about it.
5. Winning attitude. Wealthy people don‘t do anything with an attitude of ‘I might get lucky‘. There‘s a big difference between playing a game to win and playing a game not to loose. Wealthy people play to win. Imagine Steve Jobs saying, ‘People might like Apple computers — let‘s give it a try‘. Do you think they would have ever created anything like ‘Apple‘ we see now? Of course not.
6. Visualisation. Wealthy people always create a picture of the future in their mind. It doesn‘t matter whether you currently have money or not — having a vision is one of the core things in your journey. Because, first of all, if you don‘t know where you‘re going, how are you planning to get there? Wealthy people have a clear vision and they go towards it. You can always adjust your vision on the way, but if you have no vision, there‘s nothing to adjust. Most of the wealthy people spend 10–20 minutes a day visualising their future. Believe it or not, it‘s been scientifically proven that your brain doesn‘t know the difference between imagination and reality. And according to the law of attraction, you‘ll attract what you think about. Wealthy people know well how to take advantage of that.
7. Patience. Wealthy people don‘t expect to become wealthy overnight. There‘s no such thing as overnight success. Even if you create your vision and know exactly what you want, you‘ll have to have patience and keep going, even if it doesn‘t happen as soon as you would like it to. Of course, patience doesn‘t mean being passive and just waiting for things to happen. There has to be a combination of movement and patience. Wealthy people know that accumulating wealth is an ongoing process, so there is no need to stress over it, as long as you do the best you can.
8. Creativity. Creativity is one of the most important traits of wealthy people. You need to be creative about the ways you make money. And not only that. Wealthy people are creative in all aspects of their life: business, family, relationships, leisure and so on. Also, it‘s very important to be creative when it comes to problem-solving.
So these are the main secrets of the mind science behind being wealthy. Luckily enough, most of them can be learned as a skill. So even if you think you‘re not mentally tough or creative, there‘s always time to develop your skill set. It‘s all about re-training your mind. Because being wealthy is not a state, it‘s a mindset.