A couple of things I have re-learned/been graciously reminded of in the past few months..
1. Working with people is challenging and worth every ounce of effort, as long as you know what your motivations are and trust “positive intent” from others. I try to remember everyone is doing their best, this includes me, especially when I put my foot in it.
2. Often people don’t disagree about the end result but we have so many amazing ways to achieve it and that is where collaborating with point 1 in mind helps.
3. Its ok to wait, an action doesn’t always solve situations equally either does inaction. Our natural instinct may not be appropriate.
4. Armour, as referenced by @BreneBrown, exists to keep us safe and if we or others are using Armour, we probably need more compassion and boundaries in the exchange than usual.
5. When learning leads, we have the capacity to grow into the best version of ourselves.