Day 5: Supression — Looking the Other Way
But what do you do when you run out of ways?
- When I’m feeling hurt because of people, I often blame two things: an overexposed heart coupled with overkeen senses. So it’s no surprise that I’ve irrationally tried killing both of these things — either via the hardening of my heart or the numbing of my senses.
- But that would be terrible stewardship of what God bestowed upon me.
- If you get to know me, you’ll come to realize that I have a heart for people, so much so that some would say it’s to a fault. I wasn’t surprised when someone told me that people were both my greatest strength and weakness.
- I am planning to return to the topic of supression/represssion. It’s a draining topic to examine internally, so I want to take my time with it. It would be counterproductive to rush the writing process.
- To address the title: When you run out of ways, you pray. Currently petitioning God to anchor me.
- Happy friday. Fight for joy and gratitude :)
Songs of the Day:
Broken Record — Krewella https://open.spotify.com/track/2eQeO6nn2hMaMECtoWMT6y
Roses — Shawn Mendes https://open.spotify.com/track/6xiVsK5u3Ke4guuMfJbETq
Flashlight — Jessie J https://open.spotify.com/track/03cidjjZpZgo81HTn1n7pV