Tennis Elbow Introduction and Treatment
Tendinitis or tennis elbow causes pain in the elbow and arm. Tennis elbow problem is found in the lower arm tissue area connecting with the bone.
Potential Causes of Tennis Elbow
The problem of tennis elbow gets developed over time. Repetitive motion is one of the usual problems associated with muscle strain or stress on tendons.
Activities Related to Tennis Elbow
These are some common activities which cause tennis elbow.
- Weight Lifting
Some of the other physically extensive activities include painting, typing, carpentry, knitting, and raking.
Common Symptoms of Tennis Elbow
These are some of the common symptoms of tennis elbow.
- Upper or lower arm pain.
- Tenderness, redness and swelling in the affected area.
- Pain in the elbow radiating to lower or upper arm.
Treatment Options for Tennis Elbow
The following tennis treatment methods may be advised by the doctor according to the medical condition of the patient.
- Physical therapy to help relieve the pain and help strengthen the elbow.
- The doctor may ask the patient to perform various exercises for improving flexibility and assist in reducing stiffness.
- The orthopedic doctor may prescribe the patient to use anti-inflammatory medicines. Patients must carefully use these anti-inflammatory medications and be aware of the potential side effects.
- Sometimes, the use of strap can help the patient get rid of the pain.
- The application of ice on the elbow as per the instructions of the orthopedic surgeon may also help alleviate pain.
- Sometimes, in rare cases, the doctor may also administer steroid injections for giving temporarily relief to the patient.
- If you are undergoing tennis elbow surgery, you must be careful during the recovery. Tennis elbow recovery takes time. The best person to ask for recovery is your doctor.
For all kinds of tennis elbow or orthopedic or bone related issues get in touch with your orthopedics physician in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.