Overview Of Utah Venture — Q1'17
The Utah venture ecosystem is growing and receiving more attention (Forbes Article) everyday. We are seeing more interested investors from outside of the state that are watching and meeting with local companies.
I wanted to highlight some activity that we have seen in the first Quarter of 2017. Please note that this isn’t a comprehensive list and only includes deals that were either publicly announced or approved by the CEO of the respective company. The transactions are listed in chronological order.
InsideSales.com — Provider of a sales automation and predictive analytics platform.
- $50MM in Series F led by Polaris Partners putting the post-money at $1.65bn.
- Existing venture investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, Hummer Winblad, U.S. Venture Partners, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Epic Ventures, and Zetta Venture Partners.
Chatbooks — A subscription-based service that prints custom photo albums from the pictures already posted to Instagram, Facebook or stored in a mobile camera roll.
- $11.5MM in Series B led by Aries Capital Partners.
- Existing investors include Signal Peak Ventures, Kickstart Seed Fund, and Peterson Ventures.
- They also make awesome videos. Watch the original.
MarketDial — Provider of A/B testing software for brick-and-mortar retailers, c-stores, and restaurants.
- $1.95MM in seed funding in a deal led by Peterson Partners with Kickstart Seed Fund and Tallwave Capital participating.
- The Company won the Start Madness pitch competition at the Silicon Slopes Summit in January of 2017.
Sales Rabbit — Mobile-first SaaS platform for field sales
- $2.35MM of venture funding led by Peak Ventures.
- I’m loving the new logo and rebrand.
Canopy Tax — Practice management platform for tax professionals.
- $20MM in Series B funding led by Pelion Venture Partners with existing investors particpating.
- Seed round and Series A were led by NEA with EPIC Ventures, and Deep Fork Capital participating.
Big Squid — Developer of a predictive analytics and machine learning platform designed to facilitate faster decision making.
- $3MM of seed funding from Silverton Partners and Kickstart Seed Fund.
- One of the first apps on the Domo App store.
Again, not comprehensive but a short list of some exciting companies and activity in Utah.
(Originally posted on sirjrg.com/blog)