►We Are Hiring
This is Not a Job. It’s a Calling
Seeking a candidate who’s looking to be a part of a historical startup/nonprofit organization.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned operations executive with prior COO experience looking for an opportunity for a truly rewarding experience and a chance to use their business acumen for the betterment of society. The vastly unique characteristics of Six Beats of Separation™ provides the right candidate with unparalleled opportunities to showcase their skill-set. We welcome the most seasoned of passionate, forward-thinking goal oriented professionals, who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done, an opportunity to execute the work of a lifetime.
This is a Two Stage Position.
First stage: consists of the candidate joining our organization as a volunteer part-time Chief Operating Officer and assisting the Executive Team and the Board of Directors in assessing the strategic plans, creating and implementing the organization’s departmental infrastructure.
Second stage: upon successful completion of our organization’s startup period (est. 6 months) this candidate will have the opportunity to transition into either the full-time, remunerated COO or transition to a member of our Board of Advisors.
The Chief Operating Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the organization’s other Executive Officers and the Board of Directors.
The COO’s overall responsibility is the management of the day-to-day organization’s operations, the oversight of all departments (Facilities, Marketing, eCommerce, Human Resources, Information Systems, Fund Raising, Programs, etc.) and includes:
- Strategizing on the short- and long-term organizational plans with the CEO and members of the Board of Directors.
- Strategizing with the executive team and the Board of Directors on corporate funding initiatives.
- Ensuring the proper implementation of the organization’s strategies and the smooth functioning of all related processes.
- Monitoring and establishing all departments are performing up to the required standards.
- Ensuring all departments are appropriately allocating their resources to stay within their financial budgets.
- Overseeing and monitoring the work of all individual department heads.
- Solving any potential inter-departmental issues that arise and address employee issues on a regular basis.
- Setting targets for each department and help them in their annual budgeting process.
- Creating clear, concise and actionable reports detailing operations for the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Building a great working environment for the organization’s employees
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA Degree in Management, Operations, Business Administration or related area from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience within the media and entertainment industry a plus
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in operations management, preferably in a nonprofit organizational setting, of which at least three (3) years were in a senior management leadership capacity with overall responsibility for the operational affairs of an organization.
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Applicant should have extensive non-profit operations management experience.
- Applicant should have outstanding communications skills (written, oral and interpersonal).
- The candidate should be able to lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Hands on experience developing and implementing organization’s plans, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Experience with Domo data management software
- Experience with Project Management Software
- Experience with Teamwork Project management software
- Experienced in all aspects of product implementation management and growth
- Candidate must be positive and solution oriented, and able to manage change in a growing organization.
- A proven record of achievement in operational efficiencies within an organization
- The ideal candidate has the highest level of integrity, an excellent work ethic and can perform professionally.
- The candidate should be able to build, motivate and cultivate an exceptional staff across departments, help establish realistic performance goals and evaluate staff for goal achievement.
- Problem-solver and strategic thinker, with the imagination and foresight, to conceptualize new ideas and opportunities as well as the implementation skills to bring them to fruition.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
Former Guns n Roses Guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal
The COO Candidate Should Additionally:
- Have a strong commitment and passion for the organization and organization’s mission.
- Be a dedicated, loyal and self-motivated actionable executive who imparts credibility and is committed to establishing positive and supportive working relationships with team members.
- Be an active, reliable business partner able to successfully work with fellow executives, members of the board, and organization’s employees for the best interest of advancing the organization’s goals and strategic plans for the future.
The Six Beats Team:
Send a cover letter specifically expressing what you want to work for us, along with your resume to:
If you know someone who this may appeal to… please, do share.