How to Measure Glasses?
- Eye Size (Lens Width) is the horizontal with the frame’s lens in millimeters. Usually, the eye size ranges from 40 mm to 60 mm. When measuring, please measure the inside of the frame.
- Lens Height is the vertical height of an eyeglasses lens which is measured from the top to the bottom of the lens excluding the frame. The B measurement is important for bi-focal lenses or progressive lenses.
- Bridge Size is the distance between the two lenses in millimeters and typically ranges from 14 mm to 24mm. When measuring the bridge, you start and end at the innermost side of the lenses.
- Temple (Arm) Length is the length of the temple from one end to the other and also includes the bend. Your temple length can fall between 120 mm and 150 mm. When measuring start at the hinges and continues in a straight line to the farthest point without sloping downward.
- Width (Frame Width) is the horizontal with of the frame and is measured from the outmost side of the frame.
- Height (Frame Height) is the vertical height of the frame and is measured from the outmost side of the frame.
For professional online sellers try our Free Size Template Creator, that helps you decrease returns & boost sales here.
Many of the above measurements are also engraved on the inside of the glasses. In many cases, this is on the inside of the temples (the arm piece). The format looks in many cases like this: 38–19–190. The first number represents the size of the lenses, the second number is the bridge size, and the third is the temple length, also known as the arm length. In some rare cases, you have also a fourth number which refers to the height of your lens.
Eye Size: a two-digit number in the 40–60 range
Bridge Size: a two-digit number in the 14–24 range
Temple size: a three-digit number in the 120–150 range
The eye size is the most important number to pay attention to. Depending on the style of frames you choose, you can go up or down by one and still find a decent fit.
Tips for Taking Measurements:
Frame measurements are listed in mm (millimeters)
If you are using an inch ruler, 1 inch = 25.4 mm
If you are using a cm (Centimeter) ruler, 1 cm = 10 mm
For visual learners, please check out the YouTube video below:
🤓 SELLER PRO TIP 🤓
Create a Free Size Charts for a Pair of Glasses 🤓
Cut your returns in half by accurately showing measurements in your listings. Creating size charts with Sizely takes seconds and saves you time in answering size related questions from your customers.
Used by over 35,000 online sellers worldwide, Size.ly helps sellers illustrate sizing measurements.
- Cut returns in half & boost sales at the same time.
- Reduce the number sizing related questions from your customers.
- Works on any platform such as eBay, Poshmark, Etsy, Amazon & more.
- 220+ Designs across all categories.
- Imperial and metric system support for international buyers.
- Save, edit & share measurements in seconds.
Create Your Free Size Chart Now
Access over 220 Designs across all major eCommerce categories. 5 Star Reviewed.
More tips & tricks
For more measurement guides and other seller tips visit our Blog.