About Those Weird Un-Blockable Pop Ups
As you browse the Internet, I’m sure you’ve seen pop ups like this:
Now this little pop up is called a website push notification.
And here’s the cool thing about it — it CANNOT be blocked by a pop up blocker.
It’s a technology that was released by Firefox, Chrome, & Safari just a few months ago and it’s automatically installed on your computer with updates.
Large companies like YouTube, CNN, eBay, Facebook, and more are using this technology because it WORKS.
It not only allows companies to connect to you directly with a pop up right on your screen — but they can send you the message at the push of the button.
And guess what? The default settings make it…
Now before you say it, YES a user CAN turn it off, after going through 4–5 steps inside their browser settings, but most never will.
And of course, you’re probably asking, what about Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge or Opera?
Well, according to W3 Schools, 45 Million people have visited their website in the past two months and here is the breakdown of who uses what:
That means between Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, 92.7% of the world uses one of these three browsers as their #1 browser of choice.
So these notifications reach over 92.7% of the users of the world.
Why am I telling you all this?
About 15 months ago, I saw this technology hit these top browsers and it got my “marketer mind” moving really fast.
I recognized that it’s a powerful and effective way to communicate with visitors. It wasn’t the typical email or social media following because it was unblockable technology, making it a great way to reach your website visitors.
However, it wasn’t fully perfect yet. Here were my problems with it:
- It was ugly and unnoticeable — As you can see from the above image. It’s plain and has zero call to action.
- Enabling it on your site was hard, unless you’re a tech guru or have a team of developers who can code it into your site.
- It wasn’t living up to its full potential — I realized IF the person is committing to your site, it opens the opportunity for YOU as a marketer to further that commitment by possibly asking for something like their email.
- The same coding that it requires actually requires MORE coding to be able to send a nice message AND direct them back to your site or another site.
So I put on my “mad scientist” hat and got to work with my development team.
Here was my vision:
“I wanted to take this boring, existing technology, make it exciting, refresh it with a ton of new features and most importantly, make it work for you by putting a marketing spin that you need in your business.“
And that’s when Push Connect Notify was born.
Taking someone from THIS ugly notification:
And showing them THIS instead:
Now look at the difference.
One is fully branded and fully customized from logos, to words, to colors AND most importantly, it STANDS OUT.
Want to give it a try? Click here to see how the pop up works in real time… (make sure you use firefox or chrome to get the best experience).
So, as you can see, the pop ups are great. BUT I didn’t want to stop there.
I decided to take it EVEN further.
I wanted it to give you an opportunity to capture email addresses as well…
So if they said YES to opt-in, it would also do this:
Your visitor already said YES to the first notification so why not take it a step further by ASKING them for the email address as well (this is optional of course).
And we’re not done yet.
We even built a nice area that you could come in, track your subscribers, their activity, the number of emails captured.
Here’s an image of the dashboard — pretty neat right?
This little app also lets you do things like:
- Create custom notifications for your website, blog, eCom store, landing page, or anywhere that accepts HTML. And it’s fully customizable, from the logo to the background color to the words or where you want to send them AFTER they say YES.
- Allows you to also OPTIONALLY build your email list (although, it would be silly if you didn’t).
- Keep in touch with your visitors by sending notifications as you wish and direct them to any site — no restrictions.
- Have an easy to manage place that YOU can go back, see your subscribers and view their activity.
Last but not least, we give you the ability to send SIMPLE and EFFECTIVE marketing notifications like this:
Pretty powerful right?
Push Connect Notify is an app that we use in our marketing and we are officially offering it to the world — right NOW!
Push Connect Notify is the next generation of website push notifications and we’re excited to share this to help marketers like you leverage 100% of your website traffic.
So head over here, and check it out in action today.
And, the comment section below, let us know how you plan to use push notifications in your business!
Originally published at Snaptactix.