10 facts you probably didn’t know about Pearl Harbor
Tomorrow will mark 75 years since the ‘Battle of Pearl Harbor’ which took place on December 7th, 1941. Here’s 10 facts you probably didn’t know about Pearl Harbor.
- Veterans of the attack can be laid to rest at Pearl Harbor
- Japanese tourists come to visit the memorial in droves
- A baby girl’s remains still lie entombed within a sunken battleship
- Fuel continues to leak from the USS Arizona’s wreckage
- Elvis Presley helped raise money for the USS Arizona memorial with a benefit concert in 1961
- 23 sets of brothers perished aboard the USS Arizona
- Service members tended to the memorial during the 2013 government shutdown
- Battleships like the USS West Virginia and the USS California were resurrected
- “Remember Pearl Harbor!” became a rallying cry for the U.S. during World War II
- The attack lasted 110 minutes, from 7:55 a.m. until 9:45 a.m.
May our soldiers rest in peace. God bless America. We’ll never forget.
Originally published at SocialUnderground.