Upgrading your ghost blog!
Every time I came here to write my thoughts or experiences, I notify that latest version ghost package is available to upgrade. Today I have upgraded system packages and ghost to the latest version.
I will share my experience “How to upgrade ubuntu packages” in another blog. Today my focus on upgrading ghost packages. Following steps are mostly taken from the official blog of ghost
- First, take the back-up of your
contentfolder. You can use the export tool from labs in ghost admin page.
- Keep an eye on logs of your application and
- Please make sure you take a look at logs for any errors. While I was upgrading, I got
- Please check the status of running application by
service ghost status
- Download latest ghost software/ package using below
curl -LOk https://ghost.org/zip/ghost-latest.zip
and unzip ghost.latest.zip.
6.Replace following files and folders with ghost installation location.
7.Don't’ Replace following folders.
8. Check folder permission for ghost user and assign permission to user
chown -R ghost:ghost core
9.Update latest dependencies for ghost
npm install --production
- Restart ghost application.
service ghost start/restart
I hope the above instructions are helpful in upgrading the ghost platform. I think It is 10 mins job for upgrading your blog and It is important to run your application for performance and security issues.
Please feel free to communicate/ discuss below in the case of any.
Have a good day!
Originally published at www.sreedharbukya.com on March 12, 2017.