I’m not sure what you’re saying, Stephen. Can you elaborate?
Karen DeBonis
1

Sure. Maybe 80% of my time is spent reading, the other 20% is spent writing. It’s not a rule per se, but it’s generally how I go about doing things.

Promotion isn’t high on my to do list because I’m not trying to sell anything. Sure, I share my stories on social media, and I am heartened when I learn people are reading and liking what I write as much as the next person, but I’m not going to slave away on Facebook or shout into the cesspool void of Twitter to get a few extra clicks that way.

I’d much rather cultivate relationships and engage with the community on here, following other writers that I really dig, and always searching for the next surprise gemstone buried amongst the chaff and algorithms. Meanwhile, I work on my own stories, trying to make them the best that they can be, and then I send them out into the world to stand on their own.

One clap, two clap, three clap, forty?

By clapping more or less, you can signal to us which stories really stand out.