GraphQL Starter Pack
This is a list of resources you might find useful if you’re just starting with GraphQL. Created as a suplementary material for my MBLTdev 2017 talk “The Jedi Path: From REST to GraphQL”
Your weekend read
I understand you, GraphQL sounds nice but where do I start? This 5 chapter tutorial is a great starting point https://marmelab.com/blog/2017/09/03/dive-into-graphql.html (~30min)
OK, so you did your weekend read and want some more? I’ve got you.
- Step-by-step GraphQL tutorials for different languages as well as for client and server side https://www.howtographql.com
- Apollo Blog is full of great articles https://dev-blog.apollodata.com
- (JS GraphQL Backend) https://github.com/notrab/graphql-server-tutorial
Talks & Articles
- Case studies https://www.graphql.com/case-studies/
- GraphQL with Swift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o59zEna9gQ
- GraphQL @ Yelp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a52vko4BcNA
- Maybe you don’t need GraphQL? This article is not to discourage GraphQL use but rather to form a well rounded view. https://blog.runscope.com/posts/you-might-not-need-graphql
- Open source backend framework https://github.com/graphcool/framework
- Fake data on GraphQL server side https://github.com/APIs-guru/graphql-faker
- Apollo client and server libs http://dev.apollodata.com
- Apollo Engine https://www.apollographql.com/engine/
- GraphiQL https://github.com/graphql/graphiql
- GraphQL Voyager does a great schema visualization https://github.com/APIs-guru/graphql-voyager
- Query complexity analyzer https://github.com/ivome/graphql-query-complexity
GraphQL is famous for its vibrant community and an ever growing set of tools & solutions based on them. Be sure to check out Awesome GraphQL for a list of such things. ALERT: if you are into GraphQL going through that list can distract you for hours so be sure you don’t have a deadline in next few hours (:
GraphQL is evolving every day to get the latest and greatest subscribe to GraphQL Weekly.
Don’t want to miss a single article or talk about GraphQL? This Week in GraphQL has you covered.
Listening to podcasts is a great way to stay updated on the go, GraphQL Radio will let you know when the next big thing happens.
GraphQL has a great community which is there for you to help graphql.slack.com.
Future of GraphQL
If you want to know what’s up next for GraphQL check out GraphQL Summit (https://twitter.com/graphqlsummit). Talks are not available yet but you should defiantly follow if you like GraphQL and consider using it.
I will compile a list of my favorite talks and ideas from the Summit very soon. So you can also follow me just in case.