A 10-Point Data-Driven Guide to App Development
The world has witnessed a staggering sale of 1.5 billion mobile devices so far, since their initial launch in 2007, but the battle for the most preferred mobile operating system continues. In this race for the most popular mobile platform, despite Android being a clear winner in terms of popularity, iOS steals the limelight in favor of their revenue-generating capability. As per latest analytics and market research reports, the respective app stores for both these platforms offer their users with 1.4 million options to choose from.
Like all app development companies, one great idea lies at the heart of every successful mobile application, but its effective implementation is what might cement its long-term success. Data analytics is a powerful tool for quantifying results and we have managed to curate 10 points that can `critically alter the entire development procedure. Ideally, an iOS as well as Android app development company would follow these benchmarks in some way or the other whole creating mobile apps.
- Smart Data: Every data set collected today should be able to answer questions not just in the present, but in the near future as well.
2. Benchmarks and Successes: Setting up company-wide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with a constant focus on determining how the app scores up to them.
3. Reverse Analysis: A reverse thinking approach to analyze the tracking metrics to generate actionable insights.
4. Data Availability: Easy access to analytics data within the team or organization ensures that actions are data-driven, rather than intuition.
5. Pro-activeness: Forward-thinking approach for deducing as well as addressing imminent challenges to ensure a seamless performance.
6. Market Data Analytics: Observing recent as well as current trends in the market to get a larger picture of what works and what might not.
7. Work Logs: Keep track of the achievements as well as issues with a continuously updated stream.
8. Quantifying Consumer Reviews: Incorporate enhancements in usability and navigation with insights derived from monitoring consumer usage trends or reviews.
9. Milestones and Media: Track significant developments, usage or marketing milestones and share them with users and contributing teams via social media channels.
10. Performance Metrics: Take stock of the actual performance of the application with a sample data set to validate the performance in terms of usage and the number of users.
Mobile app development companies, irrespective of whether they develop applications for the Android or iOS platforms are increasingly turning to data analytics to arrive at improved design decisions. Collaborating with any Android app development company for creating mobile apps will usually include all the aforementioned steps. On the other hand, entrusting your app ideas with an iOS app development company can ensure that your ideas get converted into feature-rich end results.
Both the Android and iOS app development company lay extensive emphasis on the design layout of the product to enhance user experience, which in turn can lead to increased user engagement with the app.