Weekly Update #21
Pushing Everything to Production
These past few weeks, we’ve been working hard to meet the Delta conference deadline. With just a few weeks remaining, we’ve put most of our other projects on hold and have been focusing on the platform in order to have something to showcase. This update in particular will primarily explain each update and what we’ve pushed to production and the live server over the last few days.
Live Updates (Major)
This section in particular highlights every major individual change and feature that has been pushed to the live server and can now be viewed on the site hosted at http://platform.stipend.me. Quoted text refers to information from a previous weekly update.
The “Dashboard” Page
- “This page primarily is meant to contain a few individual tabs: “Overview”, “Account Settings”, “Payment Settings”, as well as a few others, and is primarily meant to be the link between the aforementioned “Freelancer Profile” page.”
- “As you can see, the “Dashboard” is currently broken down into three individual tabs. The first tab, “Overview”, is primarily meant to allow the individual to flag themselves as a “Client” or “Freelancer”.”
- “The second tab, “Account Settings”, is used to change specific settings of the individual’s account. As you can see, it’s pretty bare-bones still. We expect to improve/modify this as necessary.”
- “The third tab, “Payment Settings”, is still in development. This tab is primarily meant to allow the individual to choose/decide their method of payment. We expect to modify this much further.”
- The page currently shown just contains dummy info. You won’t be able to deposit or withdraw any of the Stipend shown.
- “This piece of functionality is primarily meant to indicate new developments — regarding offers, listings, messages, and the like — essentially anything important, meant to help the individual using the platform.”
The “Submit Proposal” Page:
- “An interested Freelancer is now able to go and express their interest in a job and provide a relevant offer for the respective Client to review, compare, and make a decision regarding other applicants whom are also interested.”
- “As you can see above, this page primarily consists of the submission of the Freelancer’s cover letter as well as answers to the Client’s screening questions and overall bid for the time worked. Every proposal made will be able to be reviewed independently by the Client until they makes a decision on which Freelancer to hire.”
The “My Offers” Page:
- “A Client is now able to go and review every individual job that they’ve posted for work. They’ll be able to check the number of individuals who’ve viewed the job, the time and date that it was posted, as well as the number of proposals that interested freelancers have sent.”
The “Specific Offer” Page:
- “A Client is now able to view an individual job that they’ve posted specifically. This page is broken down into four different sections: “Job Description”, “Proposals”, “Invite Freelancers”, and “Hires”, that help to show information about both the job and interested Freelancers, making it easier for the Client to make a decision.”
- “This tab of the “Specific Offer” page highlights the “Job Description” posted. The Client is able to go and view the original description posted at the job’s conception as well as the original offer for payment, date, and required experience.”
- “This tab of the “Specific Offer” page highlights each individual “Proposal” made by a Freelancer. The Client in question is able to view each separately, taking into account multiple factors when making a decision. The Freelancer’s rating and location is also shown, as well as their typical hourly rate and the category that they most often work.”
- “This image shows an example of a Freelancer’s proposal being viewed by a Client. Everything relevant to the job is included, including the Freelancer’s cover letter, answers to screening questions, estimated price, reviews, and location. If the Client decides that they’re interested in a specific Freelancer, they can choose to “Hire” them on the spot or “Invite to Interview” for further questioning.”
- This image, like the above tab, again highlights an example of a Freelancer being deliberated upon by a Client, this time referring to the question of receiving an interview. The current site only hosts dummy data, as this functionality still needs to be implemented
- This tab of the “Specific Offer” page refers to Freelancers that you’ve hired to work on the job. Here, you can view their proposal and correspondence that you’ve shared with them when deliberating.
The “Inbox” Page:
- “An individual is now able to go and exchange correspondence with another and answer any questions or comments that either may have regarding work.”
- “As you can see, this page is primarily broken down by conversations. It shows you when the individual in question is online as well as recent messages sent and received. You can attach documents or images and discuss important topics directly.”
- This feature is not currently functional and is populated with dummy data as an example of what it’ll look like, as it requires socket integration throughout. We’ll implement this at the very end of development, as necessary.
Live Updates (Minor)
This section in particular highlights every minor individual change and feature that has been pushed to the live server and can now be viewed on the site hosted at http://platform.stipend.me. Quoted text refers to information from a previous weekly update.
- Search box now works for “Freelancers” page
- Fix for homepage latest N jobs — it didn’t load the last N ones, but oldest N ones
- Added star system — for ratings that converts any float number into stars
- Skills searching now works for “Freelancers” page
- Notification functionality is finally complete.
- Although notifications are fully implemented whenever a form is completed/sent, the dropdown at the top is still populated with dummy info.
- Changed “Find Job With Us” to “Find a Job With Us”
- Changed “Both” to “All”, regarding “Price Type” on the “Find Work” page
- Changed “Hire Freelancers” to “Freelancers” on the “Hire Freelancer” page
- Refactored Currencies module
- We’ll be deploying a small patch over the next few days to fix a few things, particularly with /offers, where there’s a few bugs in which the “My Offers” page doesn’t display correctly.
We’ve had two more meetings with the company since last mentioned, and are currently exploring possibilities that would allow for a constructive partnership to benefit both parties in the long run. Nothing conclusive yet, but we’ll update whenever we can.
We’re also currently involved in a few voting competitions in which the winner get’s a free listing. You can help us out by pledging your vote using the links below:
- Cryptaldash: https://www.cryptaldash.com/new-coin-listing/stipend
- Aiodex: https://aiodex.com/vote/stipend
- Shardax: https://shardax.com/votes/coin?coin=Stipend%20(SPD)
- Oodlebit: https://oodlebit.com/coinvoting.php
Thank you for all your support in the last few months! We’re working hard daily, doing all that we can to build up Stipend as a world-class cryptocurrency!
SPD Donations : Sjy1V27DxWtwcGVEHgaRV688WjWxzDqYsX
BTC Donations: 14dKcsrFTVvhWbEw1K4KHibRPGzhjiSNar
ETH Donations: 0xb4142B7cC3A2Be7bAc437482CeBB1867e89a056e
LTC Donations: Ld2fe8voH5eTzqNCmfwenbrA66FzASfnMT
Note that we are most active on our Discord, with us and over a dozen Community Helpers/Managers, offering 24/7 support. We’d be happy to answer any questions and inquiries that you may have.