Stride’s Top 5 Recommended Tech Podcasts of 2017
Podcasts offer a great option for developers to gain great insight while on-the-go, and there are many great podcasts out there for programmers and software developers to learn from. Often, the challenge is finding the right one.
To help get you started, we’ve created a list of our favorite tech podcasts, in no particular order:
1. Python Bytes
Hosted by Python developers Michael Kennedy and Brian Okken, Python Bytes is a weekly podcast to help educate Python developers on the latest news and tools in Python programming in short, 15–20 minute episodes.
Episodes to check out:
- Digging into Python packaging
- Expanding your Python mental model and serving millions of requests per second with Python
- Python gets Grumpy, avoiding burnout, Postman for API testing and more
Devchat.tv is an educational resource for programmers to master the many tools, technologies, and processes in the programming world. They host many conferences, online courses, and 9 podcast shows to help educate the community.
Here are the podcasts Devchat.tv currently offers:
- The Ruby Rogues — Weekly discussion with notable programmers and Rubyists, with topics relating to programming, careers, community, and Ruby.
- iPhreaks — A weekly group discussion about iOS development and related technology. Topics include Apple, relevant tools & practices, and code.
- Freelancers’ Show — This show discusses the challenges affecting freelancers. The panel consists of technology freelancers and seasoned entrepreneurs.
- Web Security Warriors — Weekly discussion where developers share insight on keeping websites, data, servers, and other Internet outposts secure.
- Rails Clips — This is a video podcast series that shows viewers how to build web applications with Ruby on Rails.
You can learn more about Devchat.tv, their podcasts, and other educational resources they offer by visiting their website. You can also follow Devchat.tv on Twitter to stay updated on their latest postings!
Stride’s own podcast, The Rabbit Hole, is the definitive developers podcast. Each week features discussions for developers by developers, about all things technology and software development.
In each episode, our panel of developers does a deep dive into relevant tech topics to help our listeners become better developers.
If you are a software developer or technology leader looking to stay on top of the latest news in the software development world, or just want to learn actionable tactics to improve your day-to-day job performance, this podcast is for you.
Episodes to check out: