50 Thought-Provoking Social Marketing Quotes
Looking for some thought-provoking social marketing quotes to share across your social media profiles?
If you can’t find the right social media-related quote in this article, then chances are you won’t find it! I’ve scored the internet to put together the 50 best social marketing quotes that I could find.
Famous quotes are shared often across all social media platforms. They’re a nice way to break up the type of content you’re sharing, as well as letting people know what elevates and motivates you.
You might also like: 25 Marketing Quotes To Inspire And Amaze
On Facebook, the best social marketing quotes are image-based. A picture can say a thousand words, but it can also set the mood and appropriately convey emotion. Twitter recently made an update with enhanced image posting features. Perfect timing — these social marketing quotes will certainly make your timeline much more colourful.
Have you already got a favourite social marketing quote in mind? Has one of your favourite marketing influencers said something memorable that has always stuck in your head?
Take a look at these 50 social marketing quotes below and let me know what you think are the best in the comments section at the end of the article.
50 Thought-Provoking Social Marketing Quotes
1. Conventional marketing widsom long held that a dissatisfied customer tell ten people. But… In the new age of social media, he or she has the tools to tell ten million — Paul Gillin
2. Content is fire, social media is gasoline — Ryan Kahn
3. It’s because of this fundamental shift towards user-generated information that people will listen more to other people than to traditional sources — Eric Schmidt
4. Technology does not run an enterprise, relationships do — Patricia Fripp
6. A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is — it is what customers tell each other it is — Scott Cook
7. Social marketing eliminates the middlemen, providing brands the unique opportunity to have a direct relationship with their customers — Bryan Weiner
8. Social media creates communities, not markets — Don Schultz
9. If you’re not networking, you’re not working — Denis Waitley
11. Activate your fans, don’t just collect them like baseball cards — Jay Baer
12. Social Media is a commitment, not a campaign — Stuart Davidson
13. Marketing isn’t magic, there is a science to it — Dan Zarrella
14. The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity — Keith Ferrazzi
16. Social media is addictive precisely because it gives us something which the real world lacks; it gives us immediacy, direction and value as an individual — David Amerland
17. Advertising people who ignore research are as dangerous as generals who ignore decodes of enemy signals — David Ogilvy
18. Social media — the mistake firms make is using these channels to try and sell stuff — Howard Schultz
19. What happens on social media stays on Google forever — YourSocial
21. Turning potentially negative situations into positive ones was one of the biggest opportunities social media offered SMEs — Kaylene Moore
22. Most people do not listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply — Stephen Covey
23. There is no reason — no practical reason — for newspapers to survive — Jacek Utko
25. Two-thirds of social media’s potential value lies in improving collaboration and communication within and across enterprises — McKinsey
26. Maybe don’t call it social media. Just be human and tell your story — Gary Vaynerschuk
27. Ultimately, brands need to have a role in society. The best way to have a role in society is to understand how people are talking about things in real time — Jean-Philippe Maheu
28. The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army — Jay Baer
30. Social media is about the people! Not about your business. provide for the people and the people will provide for you — Matt Goulart
31. Don’t use social media to impress people; use it to impact people — Dave Willis
32. Social media has infected the world with a sickening virus called vanity — Kellie Elmore
34. Social media is here. It’s not going away; not a passing fad. Be where your customers are: in social media — Lori Ruff
35. Everyone should build their network before they need it — Dave Delaney
36. If you think it’s expensive to hire a social media professional, just wait until you hire an amateur — Stuart Davidson
37. Not providing valuable content will simply push you out of the ring online. Make this your first priority! — Melonie Dodaro
39. Social media is one area of business where you don’t need to outspend your competitors in order to beat them — Hal Stokes
40. There are Three sides to every interaction: Yours, mine and the view of everyone watching us. Act carefully. — Mack Collier
41. The best listener in the room wins because that’s the person who understands the interests and needs of those around them — Dina Eisenberg
43. If you try and connect to everyone through everything, everywhere then you dilute the sense of your brand on social media — Anna Farmery
44. The power of social media is that it forces necessary change — Erik Qualman
45. We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in — Craig Davis
47. Social tools are not just about giving people a voice, but giving them a way to collaborate contribute and connect — John Stepper
48. Just cutting email out of the picture in favour of social sharing translates to a productivity windfall as more enterprise information becomes accessible and searchable, rather than locked up as ‘dark matter’ in inboxes — Quentin Hardy
49. What is a social business? It’s an organisation that integrates social technologies with critical business processes to improve the productivity of it’s workforce and create exceptional customer service — Alistair Rennie
Bonus Social Marketing Quote From The Author
51. “It’s not who you know in social media. It’s how well you maintain and strengthen your relationships” — Stuart Davidson Tweet This
Your Favourite Social Marketing Quote
Which of these 50 social marketing quotes is your favourite? Did you remember to share it across your social media profiles?
You might also like: 51 Of The Best Motivational Business Quotes
It would be great to hear other social marketing quotes that I haven’t included in this article. Post them in the comments section below.