How to Build a Real-Time App Like Uber
The 2010s is the era of the smartphone. From its humble beginnings in 2007, the smartphone has revolutionized how humans communicate, interact and transact. The power of the internet has made communication and data exchange occur in real time. This has reduced the turn-around time for organizations to interact with consumers, allowing them to provide services and solutions instantaneously. Various organizations have used the benefits of real-time data exchange to provide services as and when the consumer demands it, and none has been more successful in utilizing the benefits of the internet as Uber.
Uber is a simple mobile app which allows users to avail taxicabs for traveling within the city, using a host of technologies available in smartphones. At its heart, Uber links service providers to the requisite consumers. The core components of apps like Uber are as follows:
- GPS: The GPS or Global Positioning System is the core component of Uber. It finds out the location of the passenger who has hailed the cab, and informs it to the nearest cab in the vicinity.
- Navigation Route-Mapping: Navigation and route mapping are the second-most important facet for apps like Uber. The system allows cab drivers to navigate to the passenger to pick him or her up; and then navigate to the destination, preferably using the fastest route possible.
- Fare Calculation: The fare is calculated based on the distance travelled by the passenger, as well as for intermediate stops on the way, just like a normal taxi meter would calculate the fare. The fare is automatically deducted from the passenger’s credit card or wallet, and paid to the cab driver’s account.
Uber Clone App Company has some of the best real-time app developers who provide app clone services to its esteemed clientele worldwide, offering the very best in real-time apps and other development services.
Why Should You Build an App like Uber?
A real-time app like Uber has a plethora of benefits for your business. Whether you are in the transportation industry, or in any other industry, real-time apps have become a necessity for businesses to succeed. As consumers become more and more tech-savvy, they require instantaneous services, and real-time apps are the perfect platform to provide the same. A real-time app has three important components:
- Consumer App: The consumer app provides consumers with the option to request for a service at their desired location. Such an app takes the details about the consumer, including their name, their current location using the GPS module of the smartphone, as well as their mode of payment. Apps can allow consumers to save their data for services which are residential in nature; or allow them to request services at their current location. For businesses such as taxicab providers and emergency services providers, real-time location of the consumer is of paramount importance.
- Partner App: The partner app provides service providers with the location and other details of the consumers. This has two distinct benefits; first of all, service providers need not look for consumers, which is handled by aggregators like Uber, saving valuable time to improve their services and customer satisfaction indices; furthermore, service providers receive the benefit of having an intermediary body who can mediate in cases of disputes.
- Data API: API stands for Application Programming Interface. It is an interface which allows programs to communicate with each other with ease. A data API takes up the requisite consumer data and provides it directly to the service provider. Since the system uses the internet to communicate, the data transfer is usually instantaneous, without any intervening manpower-based interface, which ensures that the data is provided as quickly as possible, and with 100% accuracy.
Uber Clone App Company provides organizations with real-time app development solutions for various platforms of their choice, including Google’s Android as well as Apple’s iOS. This ensures that no matter which platform the consumer is using, service providers are always abreast of their requirements and can provide their services quicker than that of their competition: a very important factor to enhance consumer satisfaction, and be able to charge a premium for their superior services too. The company makes one of the best Uber clone scripts which provide all the benefits of a real-time mobile application without the hassle of developing the app themselves.
As the world moves more and more towards data-driven solutions to provide immediate solutions to consumers, creating an app like Uber has become of paramount importance to enhance the business prospects of both new and existing businesses. A real-time app opens up a fresh dimension for businesses to connect to consumers and solve their requirements. With Uber Clone App Company, your business will be geared up to meet the necessary challenges of the modern tech-savvy consumer.
Want a real-time app like Uber? Contact us today!