Will you be our new intern in Paris? 🇫🇷
We are kicking off a search for an intern to join our new office in Paris. Sunstone is one of Europe’s leading venture firms. We invest in early-stage consumer facing technology startups all across Europe. We were privileged to be early investors in European successes such as GetYourGuide, Boozt.com, Natural Cycles, Seriously, Prezi, Lillydoo and many more. We are based in Copenhagen 🇩🇰, Berlin 🇩🇪 and have recently opened an office in Paris 🇫🇷, ran by our principal Yacine Ghalim. We recently led the series A of Taster which was our first investment in Paris.
🎉We are now looking to make our first new hire in Paris and are initially offering a long-term internship, with a clear track to a full-time analyst position. We are looking for someone available to start working between now and January 2019. Ideally the person would have already finished her/his studies and would then be available to graduate into a full-time position at the end of a successful internship.
🔥We think that this is a rare and very exciting opportunity, and here’s why!
- 🎓You’ll learn a ton — you’ll work directly and very closely with Yacine, and will learn the ins and out of venture capital.
- ❤️We’ll value you— in typical Scandinavian fashion, we are very proud to have a flat organizational culture. As an intern you’ll be an integral and valued part of our investment team (not a given in most VC firms).
- 💥You’ll have a real impact — as the first new hire in our Paris office, this will be a very entrepreneurial role (again, rare as you enter the industry). You’ll get a unique opportunity to help build a prominent VC firm’s presence in a new country.
- Start date: between now and Jan 2019
- Duration: 6–12 months, with a clear track towards a full-time analyst position
- Internship type: “stage de fin d’étude” much preferred. “Stage de césure” a possibility. Convention de stage required.
- Work place: Station F
- Remuneration: competitive
Help us identify and invest in the next generation of French startups reinventing the consumer economy
- You will identify French entrepreneurs we should get to know and new companies we should reach out to, mostly from your desk
- You will help us qualify the large dealflow we receive and allocate our time to the right opportunities
- You will perform market research, competitor analysis, and due diligence on potential investments
- You will help build our presence and reputation in Paris by e.g. attending/helping organize events and using any other mean you see fit
- You will be free to execute projects of your own design that help us and/or our portfolio companies
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French & English — you’ll be mostly covering France, and we believe that speaking French is important. At the same time, we are a highly international firm spread across 3 locations and speak English internally.
- Deep understanding and interest for the consumer internet ecosystem — we expect personal familiarity with a wide range of services, products and consumer brands.
- Flair & ingenuity — we are looking for a real “truffle hunter” 🐽💎 Great companies often come from unexpected sources. Surprise us!
- A structured mind & strong analytical skills — we expect you to be able to switch effortlessly between analyzing granular data and juggling with abstract concepts.
- Curiosity — you’ll be looking at companies looking to transform areas ranging from food to entertainment, having a curious mind is absolutely key.
- Determination, strong drive and the ability to self-direct — your work and time is inherently open-ended.
We’re open to all types of educational backgrounds (engineering, business, finance, etc).
Our process has 3 stages.
- First, we’d like to review your CV. If you feel that some other links might help us to understand you better, you are welcome to add them. We’re asking you to fill out this private webform to submit your application.
- Second, Yacine will do short phone interviews with selected candidates.
- Third, we’ll invite a few applicants to spend time with us in our office at Station F.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yacine & the Sunstone team